Guest Kalahari ou

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howzit guys?

Two questions wrt PS4

1) I download all my games but storage becoming an issue and I don’t really want to delete games. Is there an external kind of hard drive where I can copy full games to and play from it?

2) Can I/ Should I use a pc screen instead of a T.V? I don’t have a T.V license and I don’t really want to get one because we not going to be in SA for long.

Howzit guys?

Two questions wrt PS4

1) I download all my games but storage becoming an issue and I don’t really want to delete games. Is there an external kind of hard drive where I can copy full games to and play from it?

2) Can I/ Should I use a pc screen instead of a T.V? I don’t have a T.V license and I don’t really want to get one because we not going to be in SA for long.

1) You can use any external drive. I have a 2TB external connected. Works like magic. 

2) Yes you can. Does your screen have an HDMI input?

Howzit guys?

Two questions wrt PS4

cant answer 1, but for 2, yes, aslong as you have HDMI compatible, not an Issue,

I'm Using an old PC screen on my XBox, with a HDMI to DVI converter as the screen only has DVI or VGA, works like a charm. also frees up my TV, so we can all be socially anti-social

1) You can use any external drive. I have a 2TB external connected. Works like magic.

2) Yes you can. Does your screen have an HDMI input?

I once plugged in my external but nothing popped up or whatever, I’ll try again.

I have not bought a screen or tv yet. I figure the ps serves as our media centre so I don’t need a smart tv?

I once plugged in my external but nothing popped up or whatever, I’ll try again.

I have not bought a screen or tv yet. I figure the ps serves as our media centre so I don’t need a smart tv?

I think you need to go through the settings and do a format etc. I can't exactly remember. 

PS4 as a media centre is cool if you run something like Netflix or for external media Plex

If you going to use it as a TV.. get a TV, looking at prices  R2k Pc monitor is About 24 inch vs R2k TV been about 32 Inch, you get way more real estate for your money with TV's and if I'm reading it correctly more than 1 of you, having a bigger screen means you can be more comfortable. and adding a few rands for a licence you pay for once.. not a biggie.  

If you going to use it as a TV.. get a TV, looking at prices R2k Pc monitor is About 24 inch vs R2k TV been about 32 Inch, you get way more real estate for your money with TV's and if I'm reading it correctly more than 1 of you, having a bigger screen means you can be more comfortable. and adding a few rands for a licence you pay for once.. not a biggie.

I thought a monitor might be cheaper than a T.V. But T.V it is then. Thanks guys.

Anyone playing COD Warzone?

It's free but the DL is huge.

With BFV revoking it's SA servers we moved across to it. Having a lot of fun and it's busy enough to find a game.

Love the season 4 remastered with new maps and 200 pax BR in Warzone. My favorite remains Plunder/ Blood Money

The external HDD option can be quite iffy.  I have a 1Tb which I have reformatted to FAT32 and it's USB 3, yet I still can't get it to work on my PS4.  I've given up and just delete games I'm not playing at the moment.