Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

Staying away from Tech YT sites today. Way too many fanboyz having a fight.

bahahahahaha

Team Blue Green is getting their behinds whipped. 

Team Red finally has their day in the sun, again. 

Fanboys on both sides not prepared to acknowledge the facts. Intel, up until now, has been THE choice for gaming. As had NVidia. Now, not so much. 

I cannot wait to upgrade. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fighting about?

AMD coming out with some Grade A ass-whoopin. Intel struggling to get over the 14nm restrictions, and thinking that because they're intel, they'll always be better. NVidia fanboys struggling to see that the 3090 isn't a Titan, and it's USD500 more than the equivalent AMD card. 

Honestly, for the end user it's a bloody carnival. Any way you look, you're gonna get good stuff. It's just that it's not as cut and dried as it used to be. And Team BlueGreen fanboois can't handle that. 

The Team Red Fanboois know that all too well, and there's nothing sweeter than an underdog trollfight, to some people. 

Having said that, I've always been an AMD fan. Heck, I suffered loooads for it when I built my system (FX8320 & HD7970 3GB) which was slow compared to intelvidia of the same time, but I just couldn't spend my cash on the big bluegreen. It felt wrong, after all their corporate shenanigans. Plus, the name AMD just appeals to my childhood Micromachines obsession. Damn, I wish those were still a thing.... 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

bahahahahaha

Team Blue Green is getting their behinds whipped. 

Team Red finally has their day in the sun, again. 

Fanboys on both sides not prepared to acknowledge the facts. Intel, up until now, has been THE choice for gaming. As had NVidia. Now, not so much. 

I cannot wait to upgrade. 

I have a G-Sync monitor, so I have to stay with team green. But it will be a long while before I replace my ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti.

But I will probably get a 6800 for my daughter's PC. Whenever the prices get's to acceptable levels in SA.

Edited by Moridin

I have a G-Sync monitor, so I have to stay with team green. But it will be a long while before I replace my ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti.

But I will probably get a 6800 for my daughter's PC. Whenever the prices get's to acceptable levels in SA.

ja, look. The 1080ti is still a beast of a card, and I'll never be buying the 6800 / 6900 / 3080 level cards. It's just far too much for my modest needs. No rigorous encoding, rendering, streaming or anything. I just wanna have a decent system for another few years. 

AMD coming out with some Grade A ass-whoopin. Intel struggling to get over the 14nm restrictions, and thinking that because they're intel, they'll always be better. NVidia fanboys struggling to see that the 3090 isn't a Titan, and it's USD500 more than the equivalent AMD card. 

Honestly, for the end user it's a bloody carnival. Any way you look, you're gonna get good stuff. It's just that it's not as cut and dried as it used to be. And Team BlueGreen fanboois can't handle that. 

The Team Red Fanboois know that all too well, and there's nothing sweeter than an underdog trollfight, to some people. 

Having said that, I've always been an AMD fan. Heck, I suffered loooads for it when I built my system (FX8320 & HD7970 3GB) which was slow compared to intelvidia of the same time, but I just couldn't spend my cash on the big bluegreen. It felt wrong, after all their corporate shenanigans. Plus, the name AMD just appeals to my childhood Micromachines obsession. Damn, I wish those were still a thing.... 

I have never understood fanboyism. But then I am very old skool. We buy whatever gives the best price to performance. Fanboyism must be a Millenial thing.  :whistling:

I can understand the price difference between the 6900XT and the 3090 though. The 3090 has 8GB more memory and it is the better more expensive memory. If it is $500 worth, I don't know.

And here is the thing; the 3090 was never targeted for gamers. I have no clue why gamers will want to buy a 3090. If they want better than 3080 performance then the 6900XT would be a better buy. On the other hand, if you really want team green, I would wait for the 3080Ti, which will have 12 or 24GB of GDDR6x memory.

Edited by Moridin

I have never understood fanboyism. But then I am very old skool. We buy whatever gives the best price to performance. Fanboyism must be a Millenial thing.  :whistling:

I can understand the price difference between the 6900XT and the 3090 though. The 3090 has 4GB more memory and it is the better more expensive memory. If it is $500 worth, I don't know.

And here is the thing; the 3090 was never targeted for gamers. I have no clue why gamers will want to buy a 3090. If they want better than 3080 performance then the 6900XT would be a better buy. On the other hand, if you really want team green, I would wait for the 3080Ti, which will have 20GB of GDDR6x memory.

Yeah, the 4GB extra VRam is a handy thing, though I'm not sure it translates into real world performance benefits when it comes up against AMD's "infinity cache" and other technological advancements. I'll wait for Tech Jesus to do his productivity benchmarks and deep dive before making that call.... He's also an MTBer, so he can stay. Also, the 6900 has a boost clock of 500MHz higher!!! That's HUGE. 

Oh. 3090 is the new 2080Ti. It's their top end enthusiast card. The people claiming it's a Titan are misinformed, and sadly that's been highlighted in the tech review space, too. "Titan Class Performance" is just marketing speak. It's not a Titan. It's still a GeForce card. It still runs GeForce drivers. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Yeah, the 4GB extra VRam is a handy thing, though I'm not sure it translates into real world performance benefits when it comes up against AMD's "infinity cache" and other technological advancements. I'll wait for Tech Jesus to do his productivity benchmarks and deep dive before making that call.... He's also an MTBer, so he can stay. 

Yes. Talking of Tech Jesus, my Gamers Nexus mouse pad arrived in the CT post office hub yesterday. Hopefully I will have it before Christmas.

BTW, I saw his DH run bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning.

Edited by Moridin

Yes. Talking of Tech Jesus, my Gamers Nexus mouse pad arrived in the CT post office hub yesterday. Hopefully I will have it before Christmas.

BTW, I saw his DH run bitching and moaning about people bitching and moaning.

OOOOOOOH!!!! 

And yeah, lol. I think he was bitching and moaning more about the fact that he felt obligated to do a video while he was supposed to be having a break. 

nice options on toys ..lol

I have about 8 to 10k for a pc for my son for those guys upgrading , please message or beep me on 082 926 6045 ... Thanks 

hey guys, project moving slowly... son's PC 

got the 5600 cpu, 570 board, M.2 drive... budget blown (lol) , new versus 2nd hand pricing is drastic 

Any 2060 cards or similar available please?