Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

What you probably also do not know from this video, is that Elite has an accurate as possible model of our galaxy to play in, with the stars accurately modelled and named, and some of the exoplanets that we know of also modelled. The planets to further stars are procedurally generated based on the star class. There are players that have travelled to Beagle Point, Bernard's Loop, the Whitch Head Nebula etc. There are another group that formed a colony 20kLy from Earth, which is not surprisingly called Colonia. Many of the starports are named after science pioneers and other contributors to science and cosmology.

Not surprisingly, the Thargoids are also still in the game, but just more dangerous.

I will now have to purchase a PS4 to complete my stable starting with PS1 up to PS3.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Epic Games has a bit of a sale and some free offers over the next few days...

The leaked list of games seems to be incorrect.

Guess we'll have to wait and see how good the titles really are. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started playing mining games. I heard about bitcoin gaming from friends and it turned out to be easy way to get coins while playing so I decided to give it a try. It's pretty entertaining, I've already got a few coins. 

Edited by greys

Many parents just don't care, or want to bug the kids in fear of being called uncool when they prevent their kids from playing these games.

Why should crappy parents be the responsibility of a games company?

I'm looking for a nice retro arcade console, something better quality that these little orbs.

There seems to be tons being punted on Facebook ads.

Any recommendations? 

I'm looking for a nice retro arcade console, something better quality that these little orbs.

There seems to be tons being punted on Facebook ads.

Any recommendations? 

I would say try Empire Gaming, although I don't think ALL of their products are guaranteed to work 100%. I'm not sure about their Arcade machines, but I bought my 2nd Empire Gaming Retro Console a little while ago, from Musica (only because something happened to the one cable on the first one, which lasted quite a while) and it was faulty. Took it back to the store for a refund, and I was able to get an Empire Gaming retro handheld which works lekker, as well as a Power Bank.

What's everyone's opinion on the absurd price of anything to do with gaming lately?
I read an interesting article last night, that due to the manufacturing costs that are rising for GDDR6 the RTX 30xx cards are getting a price increase again.

This made me rethink my choices when it comes to PC gaming.

On the one hand, getting 100 FPS + in new games would be incredible and ray tracing just looks amazing. But to upgrade my rig (16GB DDR4, Ryzen 1700 x GTX 1080) to get that would at the minimum require me to look at upgrading CPU, Motherboard and GPU. With the 30 series GPU costing 14k on average and a CPU/Board combo looking at another 10k, I'm struggling to justify dropping 24k on a PC that will need to be upgraded again in 3 years time.

I love gaming. I love immersing myself in the incredible worldbuilding and story telling we see with games like Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Witcher, RDR2 and so many more. The graphics on them look incredible and with so many new similar games launching, just getting them to run at decent FPS would need an upgrade for many people.

What I've personally been looking at doing is selling my PC and moving over to PS5. Most games lately support keyboard and mouse on console should I want it. I can buy a 4k tv and ps5 for less than it would cost to upgrade my pc, and at the same time get better performance than my pc would get. I have a 144Hz monitor to hook the console up to in the interim.

What do you all think?

PS - I know I'm not forced to upgrade, but eventually at some point every PC gamer will need to which is kinda the point to this post.

What's everyone's opinion on the absurd price of anything to do with gaming lately?

I read an interesting article last night, that due to the manufacturing costs that are rising for GDDR6 the RTX 30xx cards are getting a price increase again.

This made me rethink my choices when it comes to PC gaming.

On the one hand, getting 100 FPS + in new games would be incredible and ray tracing just looks amazing. But to upgrade my rig (16GB DDR4, Ryzen 1700 x GTX 1080) to get that would at the minimum require me to look at upgrading CPU, Motherboard and GPU. With the 30 series GPU costing 14k on average and a CPU/Board combo looking at another 10k, I'm struggling to justify dropping 24k on a PC that will need to be upgraded again in 3 years time.

I love gaming. I love immersing myself in the incredible worldbuilding and story telling we see with games like Assassins Creed, Uncharted, Witcher, RDR2 and so many more. The graphics on them look incredible and with so many new similar games launching, just getting them to run at decent FPS would need an upgrade for many people.

What I've personally been looking at doing is selling my PC and moving over to PS5. Most games lately support keyboard and mouse on console should I want it. I can buy a 4k tv and ps5 for less than it would cost to upgrade my pc, and at the same time get better performance than my pc would get. I have a 144Hz monitor to hook the console up to in the interim.

What do you all think?

PS - I know I'm not forced to upgrade, but eventually at some point every PC gamer will need to which is kinda the point to this post.

You wouldn't get better performance. Seriously. GO see whAt the comparable specs are for ACTUAL performance parity. But for couch based gaming, ps5 is the way to go.

Why not both? The 1080 still slays, and your 1700x shouldn't be holding you back that much at all.

Oh. One more thing. Go watch the hardware unboxed stuff, as well as the tech Jesus (gamers nexus?) Stuff on gpu and "basic" CPUs.

Also Linus recently did an Xbox series x build comparison recently. See the actual specs they came out with.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

You wouldn't get better performance. Seriously. GO see whAt the comparable specs are for ACTUAL performance parity. But for couch based gaming, ps5 is the way to go.

Why not both? The 1080 still slays, and your 1700x shouldn't be holding you back that much at all.

Oh. One more thing. Go watch the hardware unboxed stuff, as well as the tech Jesus (gamers nexus?) Stuff on gpu and "basic" CPUs.

Also Linus recently did an Xbox series x build comparison recently. See the actual specs they came out with.

Sorry should clarify, from what I've seen in general, console games perform better than their counter parts on PC. I'm assuming due to code optimization for a single hardware set and OS vs building for minimum specs. Same as why (IMO) with apple devices less is more. (less ram, smaller cpu etc.).

For example ps4 Horizon ZD feels a lot smoother at +- 30fps than at 70 on pc.

In terms of gaming on PC, I'm a bit of a graphics freak there (my own preference) but I struggle to play games and fully enjoy them if the quality looks a little ***. Granted low settings on Cyberpunk look great vs low settings of a game thats 5 yrs old now (for example).

Throw into that, 4k gaming performs better when you look at price for performance on console than PC. even when you throw in a extra 10k for a very decent 4k tv.

My CPU is holding me back at this stage, been running a few tests with it.

Nothing major, but I know in the next year or so I am going to start noticing it.

Need to get that extra 50fps in CS:GO :P

But thanks for the vids, will defs go check them out and see what they say.

My post was mainly an idea, but I am a little tired of forking out a ton of cash every 3/4 years just to carry on playing at high settings. Especially given that stuff is getting waay more expensive.

Edited by Jurgens Smit