Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

I wonder what is more expensive. Gaming or cycling. 

Well, take the price of a Switch or PS4 or Xbox One. Could you get a new road bike or new mountain bike for under 6k? I haven't bought a new bike in a while. With the price of a decent gaming PC, you could probably get a decent mountain or road bike, I assume. Then of course it's the cost of games that mount up over time. Cost of games vs cost of upgrading components on a bike and other bike gear.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, take the price of a Switch or PS4 or Xbox One. Could you get a new road bike or new mountain bike for under 6k? I haven't bought a new bike in a while. With the price of a decent gaming PC, you could probably get a decent mountain or road bike, I assume. Then of course it's the cost of games that mount up over time. Cost of games vs cost of upgrading components on a bike and other bike gear.

Also depends on what value you attach to your hobby. Gaming and cycling is expensive, but I can justify spending money on it because of the positive value it adds to my life.

My dad is a firearm enthusiast. He doesn’t believe it’s too expensive. I think it’s exorbitant, considering, it costs roughly R7 per shot at 28 shots per distance and 9 distances. Their average training weekend just on the shooting bit = R1764. Ridiculous. And that’s excluding travel and all other factors. Yet to him it adds value and he doesn’t see it as over the top

Also depends on what value you attach to your hobby. Gaming and cycling is expensive, but I can justify spending money on it because of the positive value it adds to my life.

My dad is a firearm enthusiast. He doesn’t believe it’s too expensive. I think it’s exorbitant, considering, it costs roughly R7 per shot at 28 shots per distance and 9 distances. Their average training weekend just on the shooting bit = R1764. Ridiculous. And that’s excluding travel and all other factors. Yet to him it adds value and he doesn’t see it as over the top

It adds value to my life too, but as you say, it is expensive. Which is why I ride a second hand Silverback Strela 2, still play on a 2013 gaming PC which I haven't upgraded in the last 4 years, and which is why I'll be buying a new game for the Switch every 2 months or so. The PSP is a backup console and the games are cheap enough to be able to buy a few games at a time. Cycling wise, the only thing I'd really like to get for the road bike is a pair of Gatorskins.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

At least the games are cheap if you wait for the Steam Sales.

True, although in my case, I look for second hand deals these days on PC games that are compatible with Windows 7, and games that the PC can handle, lol.

Yep

All relative but  I believe gaming is really only expensive if you want to play the newest games on the newest consoles/pc

If you are happy to play a few years behind the "cutting edge" and happy to wait for steam sales / second hand games you can play many hours for very little money

Thats good. I’m still super miff with the new cod. Inwas looking forward to the campaign. Paid a kakload of cash for nothing. I don’t play online so it was a waste. Now for an EXTRA R700 you can get some more campaign missions. Makes me demoer in.

You guys should check with the teens before you buy games..they will point you in the right direction .. as I was told today COD is a waste of money.

PS

There is a sale on he one Battlefield game on xbox online store..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They have a new album out. Well, sorta new. Early 2017.

Lol I haven’t been following them since my “it’s not just a phase mom” phase. Will download it, some of their stuff is pretty amazing.

Ooooooooh, I've just heard about Hellblade, looks wicked. My ram and CPU pass, but my video card just doesn't cut it [emoji35]

You guys should check with the teens before you buy games..they will point you in the right direction .. as I was told today COD is a waste of money.

PS

There is a sale on he one Battlefield game on xbox online store..

Yea I usually chat to the kids at school. They all play overwatch tho. Seems something similar to quake.

Yea I usually chat to the kids at school. They all play overwatch tho. Seems something similar to quake.

I believe it is good..

Are you one of those cool teachers who arranges LAN parties..

I believe it is good..

Are you one of those cool teachers who arranges LAN parties..

Hahahaha. No, they are constantly asking me to game online. But I suck to much. Don’t want to mix business with pleasure either.

Hahahaha. No, they are constantly asking me to game online. But I suck to much. Don’t want to mix business with pleasure either.

Aaah the boys occasionally arrange one with one of the teachers..it's easy as he lives in the hostel they order pizza and game a few hours..they take all there PC to school and it becomes a social event..

Aaah the boys occasionally arrange one with one of the teachers..it's easy as he lives in the hostel they order pizza and game a few hours..they take all there PC to school and it becomes a social event..

Ah man thats AWESOME!!!