Calling on you gamers

Guest Kalahari ou

Rage was ok, taken family of 4 @ R150, and buying games and bits and pieces

Adds up quickly

Yep.. my kids blew through their Rage savings kitty before midday..[emoji23][emoji23]

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoh.. a 2 year old there, it might be really overwhelming for the little one, just choose your day carefully when you go with a toddler.. we went on the Friday and it was not as busy as the Saturday and the Sunday is apparently quiet but a lot of stalls start packing up and things are sold out etc..

Yip, think I'll wait a bit before I plan a family trip to Jozi for rAge, and it would take quite a bit of sweet talking the Mrs into going with as she's not a big fan of Jozi.

I currently run 200gb capped adsl.

It works never capped it. I watch anime and update all the games (Overwatch, Fortnite(this has alot of updates), Diablo3, All steam games(about 12))

I would be stuffed if I get faster line and wife starts watching 1080p netflix or something.

I have a 600GB cap with 2TB of accumulated bandwidth, my wife and her netflix gets close to the 600GB cap each month!

https://youtu.be/UWLOdFrYBqQ

A recent stream of mine from Conan Exiles. At 2 minutes I tabbed out for 20 seconds to sort the reverb on my mic. Sorry about that. Its new content they added last week so seemed worth streaming.

I intend posting some of my favourite screen shots and telling you all about this game.

But I'll do that when I'm truly done with it for good. Which is sooner than later.

Its a bold statement but Conan Exiles, really is (or was rather) the most incredible gaming experience I've ever had. Hands down. Credit to the developers for all the creative content.

But that's not even why the game was so good. Its riddled with stupid bugs and there are so many things they could have done better. But what they've created was a platform for a pvp (player vs player) experience which is unlike any other. 

The first thing you need to know about this game is that everything is saved on the server which you play on. So you find a spot on the map and start building your base. When you quit the game your character remains in the world and goes to sleep. So when you're not online. You base can be raided (destroyed/looted) by other players and you can be killed in your sleep.

So play centres around security and the lengths you would go to to keep yourself and your stuff safe. On the flip side. You also see how your adversaries are building. Expanding. And you pick up on everyones progression as you explore the map. Higher tier players will have better gaurded bases but also a higher chance of good loot. Most fights are just skirmishes which clans can recover from. Rebuild and continue playing. But then there's also outright war between clans where the building social tension between clans can become so intense that people have resorted to extreme lengths to wipe opposing clans from servers entirely and to make sure they don't come back. These wars can last weeks. And I've had my fair share.

You have to understand. Players invest so much time to progress and achieve things which takes days, weeks and months, only to have it all taken away by opponents in a few hours with some clever plotting scheming, spying and planning. Betrayal between ally clans, expelling of clan members resulting in players out for personal revenge. The social aspect of the game is simply beautifully complicated. 

It got so intense that people would judge your character as a person based on your actions in a game. It goes much deeper than that but its all I'll say for now. Some real drama.

The clip I posted though is just an old friend and I playing the new dungeon to unlock new stuff. A co-op adventure if you will. Enjoy. 

Fiber is so cheap these days, I pay R705 20mb Fibre uncapped.

In house gym where the kids may not have the password to the internet, I run wireless 25 gig 4g package for R250

Chances are they have the password lol