Jozi Audax 2013 2.0

Speed Racer

+2 me and Andrew are in as well

Never ridden more than 200 so this will be interesting

Nice. There's at least another four people riding. Be great if we could keep a decent-sized bunch together.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes would be perfect if we had a group of 8 or more and stuck together.

Would also come in handy if the wind decides to blow some of those sections would be hard work alone.

Spoke to another friend at cadence last night who is also going to join us just sent him the entry forms

After a long absence from Audax, I thinking of doing the 200Km ride; that’s if I can convince my wife!

After my meeting with a car 2 years ago, my wife ****s herself if I'm gone more than an hour or two!

Spoke to another friend at cadence last night who is also going to join us just sent him the entry forms

Nice. Looks like we should have a grupetto of 8 to 10 riders, minimum.

Hallo guys and girls.

Pretty new to the forum (even though I've had an account for couple of years).

Only recently found out about this Audax thing.

Would love to start joining for some rides, obviously with the aim of getting into that Paris Brest Paris race, sounds flippen awesome.

How does one increase chances of getting an entry? Ride a 1,000km race? Do the 200, 300, 400, 600 in one year?

Please give some info or direct me to a chat with detail.

Would like to consider joining for the 400kms on 8th Dec, unfortunately the only date I have open.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to joining for some long rides...

Hallo guys and girls.

Pretty new to the forum (even though I've had an account for couple of years).

Only recently found out about this Audax thing.

Would love to start joining for some rides, obviously with the aim of getting into that Paris Brest Paris race, sounds flippen awesome.

How does one increase chances of getting an entry? Ride a 1,000km race? Do the 200, 300, 400, 600 in one year?

Please give some info or direct me to a chat with detail.

Would like to consider joining for the 400kms on 8th Dec, unfortunately the only date I have open.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to joining for some long rides...

Awesome that you're keen on PBP. There should be quite a healthy contingent. PM me your email and I'll send you the qualification schedule.

Yesterday at 4am nine of us set off on 300km Audax ride out to Villiers. One of our number dropped off the bunch just outside Heidelburg. He was not seen again for the rest of the day, but did finish at 1900, after spending 15 hours in the saddle. Well done, Nico! Riding 240km on your own is no easy task.

We flew to Villiers (154km) in about 5 hours. I was feeling good and wrongly thought that this might be an easy Audax. How wrong I was when my stomach starting playing up as we left Villers. The wind was howling, and seemed intent on keeping us in the Free State. Godfrey saved my bacon by dragging me back into the bunch a few times.

We eventually got to Three Rivers (230km) just before 1400. I got dropped just outside of Three Rivers, and rode the last 70km on my own.

Great to finally meet you Crasher. You guys were superstrong!

The focus now turns to the 600 in November. After riding the 300 without training, and last having been on a bike a month ago, I'm definitely going to have to add some training to the mix.

Edited by Speed Racer

Yesterday at 4am nine of us set off on 300km Audax ride out to Villiers. One of our number dropped off the bunch just outside Heidelburg. He was not seen again for the rest of the day, but did finish at 1900, after spending 15 hours in the saddle. Well done, Nico! Riding 240km on your own is no easy task.

We flew to Villiers (154km) in about 5 hours. I was feeling good and wrongly thought that this might be an easy Audax. How wrong I was when my stomach starting playing up as we left Villers. The wind was howling, and seemed intent on keeping us in the Free State. Godfrey saved my bacon by dragging me back into the bunch a few times.

We eventually got to Three Rivers (230km) just before 1400. I got dropped just outside of Three Rivers, and rode the last 70km on my own.

The focus now turns to the 600 in November. After riding the 300 without training, and last having been on a bike a month ago, I'm definitely going to have to add some training to the mix.

Well done Speed Racer :thumbup:

Please post details of rides for remainder of year when available

Yes was great to meet you too !!

First 200 wasnt bad but after running out of water on that 3rd stretch I was taking strain at 230 mark really felt dodgy and didnt really recover from that lack of water.

I battled that last 70 and was glad the checkpoints were closer together.

Great respect to Nico to do that almost entirely by himself I dont think I could of!

Great bunch of people we rode with and was a great day all round (except the punctures).

Have to agree on that wind as well really made you work for hours on end.

I really cant believe more people dont do the Audax as I find you get such a sense of achievement from finishing and its nice not to be racing flat out as you just get to enjoy time on your bike with great people that you can chat to.

post-6876-0-77668600-1382966549_thumb.jpg

post-6876-0-38672100-1382966647_thumb.jpg

Well done! Sounds like a great event. Gutted I can't make it up in November for the 600 - hopefully be able to make it up for some rides next year.

Well done Speed Racer :thumbup:

Please post details of rides for remainder of year when available

Here's a recap of the final assignments for 2013:

23/24 Nov 600km Lido Hotel starts 0300 on 23/11

1 Dec 200km Ian Kernick starts 530 at Randburg Sports Ground

8 or 15 Dec 400km Lido 0300. You can choose which date. I'm going for 15/12

Here's a recap of the final assignments for 2013:

23/24 Nov 600km Lido Hotel starts 0300 on 23/11

1 Dec 200km Ian Kernick starts 530 at Randburg Sports Ground

I think I am going to give the 600 a go on the 23/24 and as long as I finish that ok then I am also keen to do the 400 on the 15th

I really want to get the qualification

I'm confused. Why have 2 dates?

I plan to tackle the 400. I would prefer to do 15 Dec, so that I can rest after the Ian Kernick.