New Gauteng Technical Trail

dillon

I found it to be the only really interesting section of the trail.

I skip the first part normally that goes up and down in loops....the black sections are the bomb also the end near the clubhouse. What is lekker is you can do a trip from home, do a lap or two of avianto and go back home...or gilroys for a blonde. We have a nice loop from fourways going through some lekker singletrack from beyers naude

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what I will be doing, as soon as I have the main route sorted I will take small groups out over a few weekends, starting with everyone on this thread, That way we build a trail that we want :thumbup:

Just randomly posting on this thread :whistling: no reason... none at all... :ph34r:

Would also like to give it a bash sometime...

Its a jol, reminds me of the old teak place in a weird way, if you liked teak, you will like avianto

Its a jol, reminds me of the old teak place in a weird way, if you liked teak, you will like avianto

Pretty sure he's replying to the original topic, not the hijack :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my name is on this thread... So when is the test ride?? Keen to give some constructive criticism, we need more places to ride that is technical

Edited by Borborygmi

Can I bring my KTM to help cut the initial trail? I think I know more or less where its going to be.

Been on two of the farms there with my bike and it was fun. Bitch rocks in places...

Hi Dillan, have a similar track on my farm just outside Potch called Tarentaal Track and Trail. It is 24 km long, with koppies, bushveld, forest, sandy sections and rocks. From the lowest to the highest point it is 150m. Most of the track is single track with some Jeep track. After the first and second race i held i realised the the track was to difficult an changed the track so that it is more ridable. The very technical sections are still there for riders to train and they can choose to ride or leave them, but for races i found a smooth track with some mild technical stuff is better. Some guys are right, not everybody loves the technical riding, the money is in families.In my area people are still not used to pay to ride. and it takes a lo of work and money to maintain 20 km.Also keep in mind that a single track race can only accommodate 100 -150 riders during a race. I think that you will have enough costumers in Gauteng to see it through. Enjoy the hard work and don' t be put off by a few negative remarks. Greetings J.D.

• 8 months later...