Riding with 2 chain links

Active Monkey

My chain has a link... And just snapped so im putting in a second link.., what are the dangers/ downside? or should it be fine?

It works fine as a get you home - and probably won't break - but that chain needs replacing probably - once they have snapped they are usually toast, and a crash because of a broken chain is usually unpleasant - Ask Louis Knipe - he crashed this morning when his chain broke - big OTB.

My chain has a link... And just snapped so im putting in a second link.., what are the dangers/ downside? or should it be fine?

I would say ....

If it's an old chain and broke cause it's had it's days, as others have said it's OK as a get me home but will probably break (yes that is the correct place to use this word!) somewhere else in the future. Keep in mind however that changing it may require a big investment i.e. cluster and 1 or more chainrings .

If it below the wear 'limit' as pointed out just put in another quick link and Bob's your uncle (Hope for your sake not ;) )

I broke the hanger on my new bike's first proper ride. I had to break the chain in order to convert into a single speed so I could get home. There was no way I was throwing away a new chain and it has been fine with 2 quick links ever since. That includes plenty of weekend trail riding and a Sani2C.