Stellenbosch Stolen Bikes

dcfender

More accurately I think WTF IS HAPPENING SA

Its been happening since the beginning of time ..murder , corruption ...etc ...just part of life dude ...happens the world all over...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

red Ford bakkie similair to the old Mazda Drifter with a car Reg CL36593.

Attached Images

• post-3340-0-03387400-1375685022.jpg

oohhh i am going to keep a lookout for this mofo....... Big up for the post!

So it been a while since an update.. Let’s recap... think this is why i started the topic in the first place so we can catch these oaks..

Some info from a friend of mine that recovered his bike , after being advertised on the hub…

Another bakkie to be on the lookout for is a white bakkie with no number plates at the back , operates from Cloetesville , fine link to a a bust that happened in kuilsrivier where about 20 bikes and lots of parts got recovered from a guy’s garage , will try and get the list of recovered bikes. Unfortunately some bad news but I guess it’s to be expected.

These people are clever and watch the hub/ gumtree for adds about bikes that got stolen and then basically just hold back the bike until its “forgotten” then place it on gumtree and the hub and junkmail and and and.. There are quite a couple of“ hubbers” we know off that was involved with this case, plus two bike shops…the naming and shaming will happen when I get some more info on everything, names etc.

Edited by dcfender

• Rasta Burn: 35 primrose st
  • Christopher Jones: 30 Pine st
  • Kevin Adams: 16 Vredelust st
  • Koos Stevens: 24 Jakaranda st
  • Kef: 8 Jakaranda St
  • Teswill Williams : 18 North End
  • Santo/White : Kayamandi opposite cultural center at botten near sirkel
  • Johnathan: Taxistands near Aandklas/ caltex

• Francois: Kreefgat, Idasvalley, Weber St
  • Red bakikie CL 36593
  • White bakkie no number plates on the back

lets keep adding to the list :)

Edited by dcfender

• 2 weeks later...

Front page on Eikestad nuus last Friday, SAPS nabbed the dude that stole a Specialized off a guy at the top of Uniepark, Stellenbosch.

Also spotted a bike that looked suspiciously like a Epic that got stripped of its paint job.... Guess the Roval rims were a give away.... Down at the Stellenbosch station.

So it been a while since an update.. Let’s recap... think this is why i started the topic in the first place so we can catch these oaks..

Some info from a friend of mine that recovered his bike , after being advertised on the hub…

Another bakkie to be on the lookout for is a white bakkie with no number plates at the back , operates from Cloetesville , fine link to a a bust that happened in kuilsrivier where about 20 bikes and lots of parts got recovered from a guy’s garage , will try and get the list of recovered bikes. Unfortunately some bad news but I guess it’s to be expected.

These people are clever and watch the hub/ gumtree for adds about bikes that got stolen and then basically just hold back the bike until its “forgotten” then place it on gumtree and the hub and junkmail and and and.. There are quite a couple of“ hubbers” we know off that was involved with this case, plus two bike shops…the naming and shaming will happen when I get some more info on everything, names etc.

WTF....I for one would like to know these names....unbelievable... :cursing:

• 8 months later...

I remember reading this thread a while back. Last night my Son was studying at the liabary at Stellies and they cut his bike Lock Cable. Lucky the last few strands did not break. So what Lock Would be recomended Unbreakable?

The Stellenbosch police asked me to post something so here we go: I was going up Helshoogte today passing two guys walking in the shoulder. As I passed them at the start of the climb, the one guy grabbed at the back pocket of my shirt. The pocket tore and my phone fell on the ground which they grabbed and ran into Ida's valley trying to jump the outside walls twice. As they were running away I shouted at them: In the name of Jesus Christ, you will not steal my phone (please I don't want to turn this into a religious debate, I am just telling how it happened. I am a believer in the God who split the red sea, rescued Daniel from the lions, rescued the three guys from the fiery furnace, etc.) I decided to follow them and I went through the gravel part into Idas Valley on my road bike. As I came around the corner I saw them running across the road. Just then a police van came from the front which I immediately stopped. I pointed to the guys and told the police that they stole my phone. They tried to escape by jumping another wall at the back of someone's house, but I was really impressed by how quickly the policeman got his gun out and brought them back to place them in the back of the van. I had a quick look through the yard and found my phone (iphone 5s- over R10k in value) lying in the dirt, working perfectly, just one small scratch on the corner as a reminder:) I thank God for His protection! Kudos to police for their involvement and outstanding work! The guys went off to the station, the case is made.

• 8 years later...

In collaboration with Law Enforcement and SAPS, we've created a Bicycle Safety Whatsapp Group in Stellenbosch - if you're in the area and want to be added, please DM me. 

We have a few control rooms with private security, Law Enforcement and SAPS on the group and can hopefully, over time, use the local cameras to track and catch the suspects.

If you have any info (case numbers, investigating officer, footage, suspect photo or details), please also get in contact with me.