[Event] Cycle Lab Monument Challenge 2013 Presented By ASG

ASG

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My experience of the race. On Sat we battled to find Cycle Lab Paarl as the map on the site directed us to 9th avenue off Pine St. The shop said that would be the finish - When we found the shop.

Which would have been made so much freaking easier for a southern burbs boy like me if they had just put a sign up - like turn right here for race registration. At Cycle Lab. PAARL!

The route was awesome Tough and so much better than just the usual "around the point an back". Northern roads make for tougher roadies!!

I like your statement.

Sorry to hear about your 'non-finish'.

You missed a humongous climb.

Finisher medal are available at the shop, you are welcome to collect them

Lol! Normally it gets handed out at the race once you finish....I think beter advertising would have helped. I dont come on thehub often anymore and only saw RaymondCox mentioning something on facebook/twitter the night...

think your privacy settings on fb are a bit too secure. Can't view the pics

Okay well, im u18 so i cant change it to Public. I will post a few of the better ones on here, or if you really want you may add me on facebook.

Race started at Cycle Lab Paarl. With Paarl Rock and Taal Monument as an amazing backdrop. The Elite bunch set off to start the 110Km course at 10:30am.

All the big CPT teams pitched up, this was sure to be a tough race for all.

post-43749-0-00180800-1372155123_thumb.jpg

post-43749-0-83376100-1372155130_thumb.jpg

One rider from Nu Water/Cape Town Market managed to get away from the main bunch, in head-wind conditions many attempted to bridge the gap to the breakaway but only one Smith & Associates rider managed to get across.

post-43749-0-04550400-1372155265_thumb.jpg

post-43749-0-49688600-1372155277_thumb.jpg