Which helmet??

M L

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja, will try om a few, thanks, any stay away expensive helmets?

Bell in my opinion is overpriced, padding is minimal and overall their lids don't scream out comfort or build quality, was very happy with my rudy project. Those things are extremely comfy.

More inclined to go for the zuma, not worth the extra R600.

other choices I should consider?

Had a Zuma got a spez S3 for birthday and it's far superior to the zuma. It's lighter, fits better and feels better.

Had a Zuma got a spez S3 for birthday and it's far superior to the zuma. It's lighter, fits better and feels better.

Bought a second hand propero :P. Thanks for all the input. Only thing I am not looking forward to is having a helmet as common as a toyota fortuner. Got it for a steal though :thumbup: .

• 1 month later...

Hi

Anyone know where in cape town I might find any of the helmets listed below, I wanna fit them on for size, and hopefully purchase online (1st time online shopper too).

661 recon 2012 - competative cyclist.com - ±R650 (incl.shipping)

Fox flux 2012 - buycycle.co.za - ±R880 (incl. Shipping)

POC trabec 2012 - competative cyclist.com - ±r650(incl shipping)

Thanks

T

What about MET? Pretty decent and well priced.

Kask are really nicely made and am a fan of the Rudys (and their replacement discount)

Kask Mojito is awesome. Been using one for a year now. Better fit than my previous Prevail and Zuma. You cant beat Zuma for value thou.

Guest Latent Blue
Need some help on picking a new helmet. Any advice, feedback and opinions would be much appreciated. Budget is anything up to R1500.

Looking for something comfortable with good ventilation for our hot weather. Also where can one go to try out a wide variety?

Giro rift! Very happy with it!

Was 900 me thinks

Hi

Anyone know where in cape town I might find any of the helmets listed below, I wanna fit them on for size, and hopefully purchase online (1st time online shopper too).

Thanks

T

Bike shop owners love it when you go in and try on their helmets for size then go buy them online.

Hi

Thanks

T

Trying it on locally then ordering online is a a tacky move and will not make you any friends with your local stores.

And don't forget to add the 40% duty and 14% VAT to your overseas prices.

I have been using the Fox for some time now and I like the low down protection on the back of the head. Not the lightest but if you ride some AM or Trail you might be better off getting something like this.

If you only do XC or marathon, get a nice light helmet. Have a look at the Catlike Leaf or similar.

Ja, like the specialized. It doesn't have lots of padding yet still comfortable. So far so good.

Looks like Chain Reaction is having a massive TdF helmet sale at the moment.

Not to hijack but I have a MET inferno UL (Large) that I'm about to list, brand new. Great helmet, I just ordered 2 and don't need both.

I'll take that back, saw you've got already.

Edited by hellocolour