(re)Introducing CITEC wheels...

Eldron

For that price I want a set. Please keep us up to date. Why "race day", will they not be for riding all the time. Looks like same class as crest if you look at 1,580g to crest 1,600g

Race day because they're designed with the bias more towards weight/price. The Ascender S is still my do it all stage race/XCO/bombproof wheel of choice.

The new wheels I put in the saming fighting class as:

American Classic Race: "cross country" discipline is AC's intended use.

Stans Crest: "for cross country and light trail use" is Stan's intended use.

If you weigh 90kg and like to feel air under your tyres this is not the wheel for you. If you're looking for a cost effective way to knock some weight off your bike and you like XC, trails, marathons etc then I reckon this is a VERY good wheel.

Anyone with a Giant that has PCX2 wheels - these are the perfect upgrade. Most Giants have great spec apart from the >2,000g wheelset. This will nimble up that Giant nicely without breaking the bank too badly.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Race day because they're designed with the bias more towards weight/price. The Ascender S is still my do it all stage race/XCO/bombproof wheel of choice.

The new wheels I put in the saming fighting class as:

American Classic Race: "cross country" discipline is AC's intended use.

Stans Crest: "for cross country and light trail use" is Stan's intended use.

If you weigh 90kg and like to feel air under your tyres this is not the wheel for you. If you're looking for a cost effective way to knock some weight off your bike and you like XC, trails, marathons etc then I reckon this is a VERY good wheel.

Anyone with a Giant that has PCX2 wheels - these are the perfect upgrade. Most Giants have great spec apart from the >2,000g wheelset. This will nimble up that Giant nicely without breaking the bank too badly.

Then I am looking for them. Replace my crest rims. I am 83 kg. Please send us pics when you get them

Then I am looking for them. Replace my crest rims. I am 83 kg. Please send us pics when you get them

Here is an internet sourced pic...

Those in the know should be able to ID the wheel from this pic.

Hint: It isn't a Citec wheel....but will fit perfectly into the range between the M1800AS and the Ascender S.

I have a set at home that will be on the Niner SSer by the weekend. After a few rides to suss them they'll be for sale.

post-2412-0-19924600-1383722711_thumb.jpg

My ascenders are still going strong...hell they seem to spin even longer the more they get ridden. Only problem is they are on the wife's bike at the moment and she is point blank refusing to give them back or refund me....fook

My ascenders are still going strong...hell they seem to spin even longer the more they get ridden. Only problem is they are on the wife's bike at the moment and she is point blank refusing to give them back or refund me....fook

Does this mean you're allowed to buy a replacement since it's the "wife's bike"?

My solution, buy raffle tickets from me, after you win, you can sell off the bike & buy another set of Ascenders :thumbup:

No worries - I have another set for you :-)

Or you could try and bribe her with the new wheel above - it has a satin black rim that is super sexy!

Mine are on about 5,000km now and I have so much as taken a spoke key to them. I'm really pleased with the wheels, agency and support from ze chermans.

All I need now is more customers. Tell your friends, family, neighbour, hairdresser, mechanic, pimp daddy and rent boy....

No worries - I have another set for you :-)

Or you could try and bribe her with the new wheel above - it has a satin black rim that is super sexy!

hahaha I am sure you do but I need to get a bonus before I can get them...eish

Nah dude, those ascenders look moer hot on sweaty(she made me take the orange stickers off...boo) she will only want another set of ascenders...end van prent. Its basically her bike now and I am her spare shop, personal mechanic and hydration manager..she just pitches and ride, another fook

Does this mean you're allowed to buy a replacement since it's the "wife's bike"?

My solution, buy raffle tickets from me, after you win, you can sell off the bike & buy another set of Ascenders :thumbup:

hehehehhe sneaky russian move, and yes...I have convinced her. But I am looking at either a roadbike(shhhh don't tell jc and the other mtb guys) or building up the EMD as a monster cross with mtb hubs and road rims

hehehehhe sneaky russian move, and yes...I have convinced her. But I am looking at either a roadbike(shhhh don't tell jc and the other mtb guys) or building up the EMD as a monster cross with mtb hubs and road rims

Its time to become a man - get that roadbike!

ek se maar niks.

Its time to become a man - get that roadbike!

hahahha I am dead seriaas oom...sean is going to give mountains of kuk...pee whilst sitting down comments no doubt, but you are right, roadies can suffer like no-one else

MonsterCross! Do it. I would recommend mtb rims though - you can fit mtb, cyclocross or road tyres to mtb rims and all is well. Road rims are just a wee bit soft for mtb. If you pick the rim mtb rim the weight penalty should be more than 100g.

Ritchey have some Tom slicks that are 28mm and awesome.

whahahahahha *** right on queue mr prawn...

If you told me you came out the closet it would be less of a blow.

eish, I kant belief

MonsterCross! Do it. I would recommend mtb rims though - you can fit mtb, cyclocross or road tyres to mtb rims and all is well. Road rims are just a wee bit soft for mtb. If you pick the rim mtb rim the weight penalty should be more than 100g.

Ritchey have some Tom slicks that are 28mm and awesome.

Ta thanks D, good advice :thumbup:

Archived