(re)Introducing CITEC wheels...

Eldron

Why did you not just let him use Rouxties new to be road bike :ph34r: :whistling: Or he can use rouxtjies Niner as he is now moving to the roadie side

I asked but Rouxtjie needs it for the Pride Parade that weekend.

Tsek....both of you :whistling:

The niner is in piece....but not for long

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you sell the 29er rims or just the complete wheel

Complete wheels only. Technology is quite different - rims wont work with traditional hubs. You could probably botch a fix but it defeats the object a bit...

Complete wheels only. Technology is quite different - rims wont work with traditional hubs. You could probably botch a fix but it defeats the object a bit...

asking because i would want to take the wheels apart and anodise the rims in blue and the put back together again

haven't read through the article, but to what wheels do they compare? (mtb)

They don't directly compare to any other wheel (in my opinion).

Closest in terms of technology would be the Mavic Crossmax (but they have a head on the hub side and no concave rim).

Shimano MT75 - they have threaded spokes both side but are heavier and don't have a concave rim.

I got the agency because I think these wheels have the right balance of weight, strength, stiffness, price, origin and bling!

New wheelset review:

On Sunday I gave the new wheelset a 90km work out in my SSer and I am impressed!

First off - tubelessing the wheels was a cinch. The rim bed is nicely curved and the tyres bedded really easily. One layer of yellow tape, two valves, 100ml of stans racers edge sealant and voila! 2.4 Conti XKing on front and Maxxis Crossmark were on in no time. Wheels didn't lose any pressure overnight.

On the tar (sorry) the wheels rolled really nicely - 2 x sealed bearings in front and 4 x sealed bearings at the back felt really smooth (even smoother when spun by hand!).

On the trails the wheels had a bit of flex/give. Probably not the wheel of choice for out and out races snakes but really nice for the rider looking to upgrade without having to compromise comfort. The SSer felt really nice with them on (rigid fork).

Cornering was stable and precise. The slight flex in the wheel made bumps/obstructions mid corner a bit more manageable.

Accelerations out of the corners were quick but not quite as snappy/crisp as the Citec Ascender S (understandable though given that the Ascender S is further up the value chain!). The 1,575g weight of the wheelset probably aided in the quickish acceleration...

Looks wise I love these wheels. The satin black rim with subtle branding looks "stealthy" and goes well with the liquorice Niner. These wheels will be staying on the Niner - intially it was just for a test but after riding them they will stay on!

Watch this space for availability....actually - look out for a new thread. I'll keep this one a Citec thread and open another for the "new wheels".

E, can you send me the pricing on the 29er options, in the market soon cause I'm sick to death of dealing with broken spokes on my current set.

Edit: Spelling

Which wheels are those you tested on the SS?

The "other set". Still negotiating. As soon as negotiations are complete I'll post all the details.

The Citec Ascender S are still glorifying my race bike though :-)

Bobbo - youo have PM.

Also Citec or something else?

Something else. A good bang for buck wheel that will supplement the range nicely.

Archived