What TV shows are you watching?

FrankG

I disagree with the "Disney" ending reference. if it was Disney, Dany and Jon would be living happily ever after ruling the 7 kingdoms peacefully with their kids and dragons and everybody singing Kumbaya. When Ned Stark was killed in Season 1 and after the Red Wedding, I think a happy ending was always going to be doubtful.

Look, I was too a bit underwhelmed, as I was probably also expecting a bit of a hollywood ending. I have had some time to digest it, and I think where everybody ended up on the show is fitting to an extent. The main problem though is the shortened seasons, and not so much the writing. As far as I know, the writers consulted George RR Martin extensively since Season 5/6. But this shortened and rushed Season didn't allow enough time for a proper story arc and character development.

The ending of GOT, no matter what they did, was never going to please everyone.

That's the thing they consulting him long ago after the show caught up with the books, his own words.. a few meetings at his home.. he said himself what happened thereafter was all them, executives got involved and there was creative differences.

HBO offered them many more episodes but D & D wanted was to finish it to work on their next project... the result is a slap bang last 2 seasons.

Edited by Gen

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But for all the wrong reasons

You didn’t specify. You said people must talk about it for years to come. They are. Fans will probably be talking about this ending for years to come too.

That's the thing they consulting him long ago after the show caught up with the books, his own words.. a few meetings at his home.. he said himself what happened thereafter was in heir hands, executives got involved and there was creative differences..

HBO offered them many more episodes but D & D wanted was to finish it to work on their next project... the result is a slap bang last season.

:cursing: Dammit man, just 3 or so episodes more could really have made a big difference.

Is it Star Wars? They better not cock that up then

I disagree with the "Disney" ending reference. if it was Disney, Dany and Jon would be living happily ever after ruling the 7 kingdoms peacefully with their kids and dragons and everybody singing Kumbaya. When Ned Stark was killed in Season 1 and after the Red Wedding, I think a happy ending was always going to be doubtful.

Look, I was too a bit underwhelmed, as I was probably also expecting a bit of a hollywood ending. I have had some time to digest it, and I think where everybody ended up on the show is fitting to an extent. The main problem though is the shortened seasons, and not so much the writing. As far as I know, the writers consulted George RR Martin extensively since Season 5/6. But this shortened and rushed Season didn't allow enough time for a proper story arc and character development.

The ending of GOT, no matter what they did, was never going to please everyone.

And that's the thing, you can't please everyone, no matter what it's about, in life.

:cursing: Dammit man, just 3 or so episodes more could really have made a big difference.

Is it Star Wars? They better not cock that up then

HBO agreed with Martin's advice for 2/3 more seasons and offered them extra seasons D & D didn't want to..

Yip I am afraid it is Star Wars

Edited by Gen

I disagree with the "Disney" ending reference. if it was Disney,.

Scratch that...sitcom ending... That last bit round the table... Where the dragons?.. I'll go check them out... All hail Bran the broken..ha ha ha.. That will get better....ha ha ha..... Master of coin...I will build brothels....ha ha ha.... I was waiting for the ******* cheers theme song to kick in.....

Is it over now? It is finally over now??

Not quite. There's plans to introduce pre GOT episodes dating back to around 5000 years before. 

One of five planned spin-off shows is a prequel under the working title Bloodmoon which has already begun filming and features Naomi Scott in the leading role.

The show is set more than five thousand years before the events of the main series, and will follow the story of the Children Of The Forest, with none of the original cast returning.

Bloodmoon has promised to reveal the "horrifying secrets of Westeros's history to the true origin of the White Walkers", and is being being run by writer and producer Jane Goldman, who is the wife of Jonathan Ross.

https://ewn.co.za/2019/05/21/emilia-clarke-wants-time-between-game-of-thrones-and-planned-spin-offs

Scratch that...sitcom ending... That last bit round the table... Where the dragons?.. I'll go check them out... All hail Bran the broken..ha ha ha.. That will get better....ha ha ha..... Master of coin...I will build brothels....ha ha ha.... I was waiting for the ******* cheers theme song to kick in.....

Lol slap stick comedy

Definitely not my favourite part of that episode - it was a bit cheesy and could have been done much better, as it had little references to earlier episodes in the series.

Not quite. There's plans to introduce pre GOT episodes dating back to around 5000 years before.

One of five planned spin-off shows is a prequel under the working title Bloodmoon which has already begun filming and features Naomi Scott in the leading role.

The show is set more than five thousand years before the events of the main series, and will follow the story of the Children Of The Forest, with none of the original cast returning.

Bloodmoon has promised to reveal the "horrifying secrets of Westeros's history to the true origin of the White Walkers", and is being being run by writer and producer Jane Goldman, who is the wife of Jonathan Ross.

https://ewn.co.za/2019/05/21/emilia-clarke-wants-time-between-game-of-thrones-and-planned-spin-offs

I'm guessing another spin-off with Arya expoloring west of Westeros? They set that up shamelesly....

One of five planned spin-off shows is a prequel under the working title Bloodmoon which has already begun filming and features Naomi Scott in the leading role.

Bloodmoon has promised to reveal the "horrifying secrets of Westeros's history to the true origin of the White Walkers", and is being being run by writer and producer Jane Goldman, who is the wife of Jonathan Ross.

Yep and at least there is lots of source material to work with and Martin is extensively involved with the development

The tales of Dunk and egg

The world of ice and fire (Westerosi history book he wrote i 2014)

Fire and Blood (Targaryen history)

Martin that hinted that if readers are interested in what the one prequel will be to pick up a copy of Blood and Fire.

So whatever the prequel is about there is source material.

Anybody watch Baptiste?

Very good.

The character comes from The missing..which was also very good

I'm guessing another spin-off with Arya expoloring west of Westeros? They set that up shamelesly....

Prequels.. in the works

But yeah cash cow spint offs lol The Adventures of Arya and Needle or Jon goes north. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Edited by Gen