How is your winter training progressing ?

Seeker911

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

post-43150-1371589037,7661.jpg

I've actually drunk in that pub, great pom' summer pub... and just to add to the cause:

post-15825-0-11061200-1371589590_thumb.jpg

2 months of zero to little training since April has caused the fitness graph to slide into oblivion. Also the extra 4 kg's of weight arrived from no where. Went out for brick session and to catch some sun on Monday did a wee 45k cycle and a 5k run boy did I struggle. Got to get my **** together sooooon. 5150 is coming up soon.

Also in same boat, need to get my training up very soon!

Did a 50k ride and it killed me, felt my legs for days........and the cold doesnt help.

This was the temp at 7am in Cradle on Saturday :eek: ...never been so cold, EVER!!!

post-28740-0-12419800-1371622178_thumb.jpg

Swim once a week at the moment - very chilled.

Bike - 1 long ride a week + one 40km group ride mid week

Run - Prob once or twice a week max at the moment, nothing longer than 8kms

Was out at the cradle on sat....left at 6;30am.....was fairly chilly in those dips from Broadacres on the way to the Cradle loop

2 months of zero to little training since April has caused the fitness graph to slide into oblivion. Also the extra 4 kg's of weight arrived from no where. Went out for brick session and to catch some sun on Monday did a wee 45k cycle and a 5k run boy did I struggle. Got to get my **** together sooooon. 5150 is coming up soon.

Awesome graph.

Oblivion is a good word. :eek:

Average distance per week has dropped from 150km's to 70km's.

Stupid rain. I'll cycle in drizzle but not when its pissing, mud doesn't do wonders to the gears/brakes either :unsure:

Also in same boat, need to get my training up very soon!

Did a 50k ride and it killed me, felt my legs for days........and the cold doesnt help.

This was the temp at 7am in Cradle on Saturday :eek: ...never been so cold, EVER!!!

post-28740-0-12419800-1371622178_thumb.jpg

Brrrrrr

I'm keeping a steady 2 short rides and 1 long one per week.

About 6-7 hrs.

Base stuff.

In general, if I don't ride my bike, I wanna climb the walls. So, it's a mental health issue... :ph34r:

I'm going ok!

May - 865km (4 races: Winter Fast One, Parys Dirtmax, Route 42 and Magalies Monster)

June - 660km to date (Parys Dirtmax)

Min of 4 rides a week, and try to get 200-250km per week.

Its cold out there, but HTFU!! Like everyone says!!

Brrrrrr

Ya, only gloves I have are motorcross ones. Wore surgical gloves underneath to try and help which maybe they did but my fingers were so cold I couldnt feel them until about 8:30

Next week....I'm wearing my snowboarding gloves.

May - I managed 1700kms, which is the furthest I've ever done in a month.

June - dropped off a lot but my missus was overseas and the rain hit hard, but managing about 3 or 4 rides a week 150 to 200 kms.

Trying to get ready for Knysna and keep fit for the new fun ride season approaching but thank goodness for IDT's as well.

I get hypothermic so quickly that if the sun drops behind a cloud for a second my teeth start to chatter so animatedly that Intelligence agencies call their morse code translators; in winter running is about all I can manage without my core body temp dipping below 35°C :eek: