Idiotic cyclists .

Wyatt Earp

Cyclists can be their own worst enemy.  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Can they possibly be ?

• Yes
    • No

You honestly believe that?

definitely. I cannot control how others ride their bikes. do you not feel the same way?

I try to help where I can when I can see there's a problem, but seriously, I have a life to live.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem VERY odd to me that cyclists continually voice this concern that other riders 'paint us in a bad light' or whatever. You don't find car drivers worrying about this - how other drivers behave - as if this would reflect badly on them as road users - a little ridiculous when you put it like that no?

How narrow minded can one be.

There are millions of motorists on the road compared to the 1000's of cyclists

The Hub is meant to be a cycling "community" where we can discuss safety issues of cyclists on the road.

definitely. I cannot control how others ride their bikes. do you not feel the same way?

I try to help where I can when I can see there's a problem, but seriously, I have a life to live.

Lucky Luke you cannot control the way other cyclists cycle BUT they can control how other motorists will treat you on the road. That is a fact Edited by fabes

+1000

How funny would it be, to see on a caravaning forum where they moan about other Caravan people driving slowly, overtaking on a hill etc etc......

Hahaha that would be funny

Oh wait on other forums they do however start discussions with how badly cyclists use the road. We ALL (CYCLISTS) get slated on other forums not just the 2 or 3 pricks that committed the offense of riding 2 abreast

Lucky Luke you cannot control the way other cyclists treat you BUT they can control how other motorists will treat you on the road. That is a fact

WELL FABES I DONT AGREE,,no you cannot

Apart from the negative effect on their own safety - I don't much care how other cyclists behave

Well, we agree on something.

But I will add this (and yes you will debate it with much gusto again), but if they put me at risk and it affects my safety, then I do care as to how they behave.

has anyone seen that "bicycling" option in Google maps.. (When you toggle between Satellite, maps, Terrain etc). It is never an option to click on. Does that mean that there are no designated cycling pavements? I have to ride on the road cause joburg is not designed with cycle tracks. or I ride the pavement. Not sure which one is illegal/worse. The road is actually marked for vehicles like cars.. I dont see miniature cycle lines on it, so i guess the car is the one in the right... So as the visitor to the road with my bike, i guess I better give way to the cars, or die while trying to prove who is the bigger AH :D

edit.. this is supposed to be in agreement with cyclists being more careful.

Edited by JPC

Guest Smimby

Lucky Luke you cannot control the way other cyclists cycle BUT they can control how other motorists will treat you on the road. That is a fact

That does not make sense......if LL is behving on the road and some other cyclist made the motorist angry ? then LL cannot control how the motorist will behave

Guest Smimby

Hahaha that would be funny

Oh wait on other forums they do however start discussions with how badly cyclists use the road. We ALL (CYCLISTS) get slated on other forums not just the 2 or 3 pricks that committed the offense of riding 2 abreast

And we slate US also? Howcome the caravaners never slate each other ?

Edited by Smimby

Guest Smimby

But I will add this (and yes you will debate it with much gusto again), but if they put me at risk and it affects my safety, then I do care as to how they behave.

I see your point but I believe still we have bigger enemies out there, ie STUPID motorist

I see your point but I believe still we have bigger enemies out there, ie STUPID motorist

We know they are stupid... that does not give cyclists a right to be stupid!!!

They will be stupid till the ends of the earth, it's how little of their stupid we can prevent them from unleashing.

We were having a heated debate about speaker cables once and which sound better.

The one engineer simply said this "all speaker cables degrade the sound, the best one is the one that causes the least damage"

Me too, if someone puts my life at risk I definitely react, but in all my years of riding I've never found it to be another cyclist.

Lucky Luke you cannot control the way other cyclists cycle BUT they can control how other motorists will treat you on the road. That is a fact

I disagree completely on this. That is a total myth. If every cyclist turned into Mother Theresa today, we'd still have the same crop of **** drivers tomorrow.