Idiotic cyclists .

Wyatt Earp

Cyclists can be their own worst enemy.  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Can they possibly be ?

• Yes
    • No

Rode from Kensington through Boksburg to Carnival city and back via Atlas road and Edenvale. Took me about 3 and a half hours. Bit windy but nice and sunny. Finished the ride around 14:00. Being Sunday the roads were fairly quiet.

No drama at all. Not one aggravating incident.

The number of complaints on this forum amazes me. The amount of unhappiness is astonishing. Have you guys not considered trying a different hobby. Something inherently annoying like politics perhaps.

And ignore the problem altogether? No thanks boet. I don't fancy being the proverbial ostrich.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode from Kensington through Boksburg to Carnival city and back via Atlas road and Edenvale. Took me about 3 and a half hours. Bit windy but nice and sunny. Finished the ride around 14:00. Being Sunday the roads were fairly quiet.

No drama at all. Not one aggravating incident.

The number of complaints on this forum amazes me. The amount of unhappiness is astonishing. Have you guys not considered trying a different hobby. Something inherently annoying like politics perhaps.

Have you ever considered other forums ?

what I am hearing here is motorist get upset when cyclist are been as considerate as most motorist are (lets face it a lot of motorist are very inconsiderate)! Their no law on the road that says a cyclist maybe not ride 1m from the curb it just states stay in the lane and as far left as safe. If a cyclist feel his / her safety factor is 1 m from the curb then motorist should respect that. After all cyclist have the same rights as motorist.

Go rant at motorist who sit in the overtaking / fast lane on the free ways and motorist who still insist at overtaking cyclist on narrow road with blind rises and solid line with more than 2 wheels over the solid centre line. Motorist should learn some patients and manors! Yup I too am a motorist!

And ignore the problem altogether? No thanks boet. I don't fancy being the proverbial ostrich.

Perhaps I am being the proverbial ostrich. I just don't see all the problems you see.

But then perhaps you are being the proverbial Chicken Little who thinks the sky is falling.

Matter of perception. I prefer my perception. It is happy and satisfying.

Guest Smimby

what I am hearing here is motorist get upset when cyclist are been as considerate as most motorist are (lets face it a lot of motorist are very inconsiderate)! Their no law on the road that says a cyclist maybe not ride 1m from the curb it just states stay in the lane and as far left as safe. If a cyclist feel his / her safety factor is 1 m from the curb then motorist should respect that. After all cyclist have the same rights as motorist.

Go rant at motorist who sit in the overtaking / fast lane on the free ways and motorist who still insist at overtaking cyclist on narrow road with blind rises and solid line with more than 2 wheels over the solid centre line. Motorist should learn some patients and manors! Yup I too am a motorist!

100%

To many people think that cyclist MUST be on the verge...in fact if we dont feel safe there we are allowed in the middle of of the road....

100%

To many people think that cyclist MUST be on the verge...in fact if we dont feel safe there we are allowed in the middle of of the road....

I love koeksisters, make sure they have them at the wake .

100%

and that will sure help the motorist - cyclist relationship

Guest Smimby

Not saying it will, saying what is legal and what is not

The roads are for all road uses - if as a motorist you cannot respect that then you should not have a license to drive - if you passed your learners and drivers test you should appreciate the laws of the roads.

Always remember that cyclist may be a 14 year old who has not done these teats or a cyclist without any form of education. As a motorist you have to take the responsibility as you are required to obey the laws and respect other road users and ensure what you are doing is safe to other road users! I.e. keep following distances etc!

Sorry, my worst enemy is the 1 ton lump of metal that is going to make my wife a widow and my kids orphans. Yes some cyclists cycle like idiots, but how badly some people ride does not justify the number of cars that, seemingly without consequence, take cyclists out.

There can never by a justifiable excuse for hitting a cyclist. Motorists are just too damn aggressive. I am forced to ride aggressively from time to time, that includes riding my permitted 1 m from the edge of the road and effectively blocking a whole lane when it is not safe for cars to pass me. I would rather be perceived as "inconsiderate" by some motorists than dead.

But its safe , so I am going to add this to my list of illegal stuff I have done this week .

I'd love to see the rest of the list! :devil: