Swart Kat

Agreed, see other quote about rear cluster. But you can get close for less.

erm, no you can't. For any given chainring size, you will have a 16.67% "bigger" ratio at the low end, and a 10% bigger ratio at the top end when using XX1 / XO1 over a 36-11 cassette.

What you're saying is simply not true.

Also - in order to be totally safe, you'd need a chain guide (yes, even with a type 2 / clutch RD) which you do not need on XX1 / XO1.

In addition, the RD is significantly different in design and application. It does the job properly.

Also - your opinion on how a bike's gear spec doesn't taint how a consumer sees a bike brand is, frankly, laughable.

If, say, Felt only specced Campag MTB components. Nobody would buy Felt 'cos at the moment Campag's MTB components are shaite. They'd always bring their bikes in and say "My felt's gears are ***" and that would have a negative impact on the bike itself. Same as with the Shimano / SRAM thing. If there is a perception that a certain gruppo is ***, and would break more often than the competitor gruppo, then the bike brand would be stupid as heck to spec it on their bikes. People would not buy them because "they spec *** parts" or "my Felt always breaks"

Not "my SRAM / Shimano always breaks" but "My Felt always breaks"

The consumer as a whole does not differentiate between gear and his bike. The gear is a part of the bike.

Likewise I will never buy a bike that specs CREST rims. For me, they are ***. They're weaker than their FLOW / ARCH Ex counterparts. That rules out quite a few brands. Likewise I would never buy an off the shelf Anthem or Spark, due to their crappy wheels. Until they change them, I would not even consider walking into an LBS and buying an of the peg Giant. And that hurts the brand.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use sram 11 if you cant think quick enough and need an extra gear if you cant climb strong enough!haha. To much money for me and to many special stuff needed!

Use sram 11 if you cant think quick enough and need an extra gear if you cant climb strong enough!haha. To much money for me and to many special stuff needed!

Eh?

I'm willing to bet you're running an easier hill climbing ratio than most guys running XX1... (note, not 'sram 11').

Prices will come down once it trickles down to X0, X9, etc.

Eh?

I'm willing to bet you're running an easier hill climbing ratio than most guys running XX1... (note, not 'sram 11').

no just pedal harder!

So, share with us then... what is your setup?

standard xx build.... Dubble blade 32 26 10speed. Not 12 grand and works very well

32 26 ? Not much difference between the 2 chainrings. Losing out big time on the top end.

HOw much was XX when it first came out? How much is a new XX groupset now?

32 26 ? Not much difference between the 2 chainrings. Losing out big time on the top end.

Yeah, that ain't right. Assuming the 26 is correct and he's running a 36 cassette then it's on par with XX1's 42 with a 32 chainring. Plus you will have to go higher than a 39 to outrun a 32x10 XX1.

...and to many special stuff needed!

What you need:

1. XX1 freehub body

What you don't need:

1. Front Der

2. Front Shifter

3. Chainguide / tensioner if running 1X

standard xx build.... Dubble blade 32 26 10speed. Not 12 grand and works very well

Haha... That's the same climbing ratio as XX1 running a 30 chainring! And... AND most guys run with a 32 (or bigger), making their gearing harder than yours. I suppose they do just, what was it?... 'no just pedal harder!'. Edited by Ryanpmb

32 as the big ring?... Your setup as a whole provides very easy gearing...

32 as the big ring?... Your setup as a whole provides very easy gearing...

i would imagine he means 38 / 26. A bit too quick on the keyboard warrior-ing, methinks.

i would imagine he means 38 / 26. A bit too quick on the keyboard warrior-ing, methinks.

Maybe 42, cos he pedals harder remember.