Swart Kat

OK, still not convinced. Maybe I'll chuck my front derailleur for a ride or two and turn my clutch on.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, still not convinced. Maybe I'll chuck my front derailleur for a ride or two and turn my clutch on.

This is why an alternate tooth width chainring is important. Even with a clutch derailleur you will drop your chain, when you run a standard chainring up front.

If you want to use a standard chainring you need to install a 1x chain guide.

post-4006-1373643150,5353.jpg

Ok, tx. I wonder what the chain suck on that thing will be like when it gets worn..? Could be hectic.

Ok, tx. I wonder what the chain suck on that thing will be like when it gets worn..? Could be hectic.

Drop Deanvz a PM. He's running a PYGA Nort29 with a Wolf Components chain ring and clutch Zee RD. Works a treat.

• 1 month later...

XX1 is a load of crap based on my own personal experiences and my friends who share the same tears. It's a very simple deduction, about 20 hard core MTB. I the least hard core and all know that SRAM is not great, its finicky and wears out fast.

But as I said you got cash to burn, you got your mechanic and happy to have parts replaced go for it. But my Shimano is real stuff ,not crapy marketing clever promises gearing. Just bomb proof stuff.

Had XX1 - got Shimano and happy. Who's to ridicule me, who is to say I don't know better? These are my hands on experiences. Not speculation.

And one more thing my buds have been telling me about the service of agents in Jhb ,well that sealed it for me. SHIMANO

XX1 is a load of crap based on my own personal experiences and my friends who share the same tears. It's a very simple deduction, about 20 hard core MTB. I the least hard core and all know that SRAM is not great, its finicky and wears out fast.

But as I said you got cash to burn, you got your mechanic and happy to have parts replaced go for it. But my Shimano is real stuff ,not crapy marketing clever promises gearing. Just bomb proof stuff.

Had XX1 - got Shimano and happy. Who's to ridicule me, who is to say I don't know better? These are my hands on experiences. Not speculation.

And one more thing my buds have been telling me about the service of agents in Jhb ,well that sealed it for me. SHIMANO

I can see by your response you know what you talking about... :ph34r:

Anyway...Been on XX1 for a few months and love it. Still riding on my original chain gear ratios is perfect, running a 34 blade in front, gives me very similar gear ratios as my 2x10.

Hard core jeep tracker?

So lemme get this straight. All your hard core dirt roadie buddies told you SRAM is crap and shimano is better because coolheat give better service (debatable) and SRAM wears out quickly and is finicky, so you ditched your xx1 for shimano (as told to do so by your dirt roadie buddies) declared the xx1 as crap and shimano as the best thing since like ever!?

I'll be sure to tell my SRAM gears, chain, brakes and fork (x0, elixir 5, pc991, RS Lyrik) that they're all crap and must start behaving like they should and skip gears, blow seals and stop stopping me in time to negotiate the trails I negotiate.

Hmmm.

Opinion - dismissed.

With tears in my eyes - for your own sake and your riding -go only Shimano. Unless you happy to sit fiddling and replacing parts every few months.

Unless - you a pro with backup mechanic , I sure you be fine.

100%agree. Only go with the Shimano stuff

Can I have your old XX1, seeing that it's sooo *** that you can only give it away?

Pfffff. Telling people SRAM is *** is like saying Ferrari is *** because Renault wins the F1.

I'm very sorry but your opinion means less than the budget speech.

I've only just started riding a mtb and my bike has a X9 X0 mix. Rode my mates XT bike and didn't like the shifting one bit. Now if the X9 X0 is so good XX1 must be heaven and shimano XTR the sweat from a baboons balls.

Edited by Starvin' Marvin

So lemme get this straight. All your hard core dirt roadie buddies told you SRAM is crap and shimano is better because coolheat give better service (debatable) and SRAM wears out quickly and is finicky, so you ditched your xx1 for shimano (as told to do so by your dirt roadie buddies) declared the xx1 as crap and shimano as the best thing since like ever!?

I'll be sure to tell my SRAM gears, chain, brakes and fork (x0, elixir 5, pc991, RS Lyrik) that they're all crap and must start behaving like they should and skip gears, blow seals and stop stopping me in time to negotiate the trails I negotiate.

Hmmm.

Opinion - dismissed.

Avid(SRAM) brakes are kaaaaaaaaak, :ph34r:

I'm running very fast for cover. Bwahahahaha

Never tried, or just couldn't get used to the difference in the way the shifters work?

Neither its(he) a troll