What 10 speed Cassette to buy

i am on 42-28 and 11-34 and i seriaaasly *** off on the climbs. unless you climb like a rocket, dont do do 34

i am currently riding a 11- 34 not sure of the front. does the xt,slx and the others differ much , as i need to replace my chain and cassette. i would like to buy good quality (durability)

i am currently riding a 11- 34 not sure of the front. does the xt,slx and the others differ much , as i need to replace my chain and cassette. i would like to buy good quality (durability)

its all about weight and shifting....the higher up the food chain you go the better the shifting, the lighter the equipment and the more you pay....its all about finding a balance between all of those three.

If you have 11-34 on the back then chances are you have something like 26-39 in the front.

http://sheldonbrown.com/gears/

that link will give you a break down of the gear-ratio's with different options. For example....a 42t in front with the big 36t at the back is the equivalent ratio of a traditional 3x9 running on middle ring in the front and 8th gear at the back

SLX the best of both worlds.

11-34 24/32/42

11-34 is more than enough. The XT 11-34 is nice and light.

The question is for how long are you going to run 3x10 drivetrain? If you go 11-36 you have the option to go 2x10 later on...