Freedom challenge 2013 route access issues

johannrissik

I'm not rushing you, take your time, but I'd like some clear answers please.

You are not wasting your time, I really want to get to the bottom of this to find out what it is that you think I don't understand.

I have a whole pile of things I'd like to say, but I have been advised to refrain as our lawyers/advocates are working on the appropriate response to all allegations/claims.

Instead to close off I will return to my original point (and the reason I came onto the forum to inform the public that there is another side to the story), which is that there is a locked gate (has been for at least 30 years now). The fact that there is now a newer, bigger gate does not change anything and you or anybody else do not have the authority to decide if it does not belong there or to enter the property without the proper authorisation.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a whole pile of things I'd like to say, but I have been advised to refrain as our lawyers/advocates are working on the appropriate response to all allegations/claims.

Wow, took them a long time to gag you!

Instead to close off I will return to my original point (and the reason I came onto the forum to inform the public that there is another side to the story), which is that there is a locked gate (has been for at least 30 years now). The fact that there is now a newer, bigger gate does not change anything and you or anybody else do not have the authority to decide if it does not belong there or to enter the property without the proper authorisation.

Ketoors, Ketoors, come now.....

"there is a locked gate (has been for at least 30yrs now)."

You know as well as I do that is patently untrue.

"The fact that there is now a newer, bigger gate does not change anything and you or anybody else do not have the authority to decide if it does not belong there or to enter the property without the proper authorisation.

I am not talking about "entering the property without proper authorisation", I am talking about exercising the right to use a public right of way.

I'm going to miss you, Ketoors.

Ketoors, Ketoors, come now.....

"there is a locked gate (has been for at least 30yrs now)."

You know as well as I do that is patently untrue.

"The fact that there is now a newer, bigger gate does not change anything and you or anybody else do not have the authority to decide if it does not belong there or to enter the property without the proper authorisation.

I am not talking about "entering the property without proper authorisation", I am talking about exercising the right to use a public right of way.

I'm going to miss you, Ketoors.

Haha. One of your own colleagues put a picture of the original gate on this very forum (page 3).

Cheers

Haha. One of your own colleagues put a picture of the original gate on this very forum (page 3).

Cheers

Just to clarify something.

Was there a locked gate before you bought the property (however long ago)? Or was it simply a public road?

Cheers

Haha, you're still here. I'm actually not sure who's side you're actually on, definitely not helping the landowners!

Cheers

Cheers

Ag jinne korporaal, moet jou nie alewig dom astrant hou nie...

"Locked gate" (= gate which is locked, to deny access). I have never seen that gate locked. Closed, yes. Locked? No.

= own goal ?

hey ketoors, I know you're not talking anymore about statements, but since this is now quite a public issue it would be nice for the people to know what's actually happening. The appropriate response coming soon, for public to see?

Just to clarify something.

Was there a locked gate before you bought the property (however long ago)? Or was it simply a public road?

Optimistically, I ask again! Because this must be a rather important fact.

• 2 weeks later...

Ketoors kom in, Ketoors kom in.....

oh dear, radio silence, (or just another dud B25 radio.....)

Time will tell.

I'm not going to argue with you about a locked gate.

Fact remains you don't have the authority to decide this matter. So the status quo will continue and the property will remain closed without the necessary arrangements.

Optimistically, I ask again! Because this must be a rather important fact.

Yes. Or at very least closed with a private signboard at the gate.

So can I get permission from you Ketoorskop if I want to travel up Die Leer? I was hoping to do a trip but decided aginst it until this matter is resolved. (I am willing to pay for access if that is required)

Time will tell.

I'm not going to argue with you about a locked gate.

Fact remains you don't have the authority to decide this matter. So the status quo will continue and the property will remain closed without the necessary arrangements.

"Fact remains.." Neither do you

The status quo is that people have been using that route for many, many years. It would be disingenuous to assert otherwise.

"So the status quo will continue and the property will remain closed without the necessary arrangements"

You mean that your unlawfully erected gate will remain locked and riders and walkers will simply carry on doing what we have always done, just keep going through?

Oh yes, has the razor-wire been sorted out yet ?

edit: clarification

Edited by johannrissik

• 3 weeks later...

What's going on here? Are you guys sorting this out, looking for legal loopholes or just building a bigger fence?

• 8 months later...

So can I get permission from you Ketoorskop if I want to travel up Die Leer? I was hoping to do a trip but decided aginst it until this matter is resolved. (I am willing to pay for access if that is required)

Hi. As far as I know you can get permission from one of the owners. They have a website: www.diehel.co.za

Hope this helps.