What's with the poor commentary and sound quality on DSTV Super Sport 6?

Loose cog

This is my 1st year back in SA and was looking forward to following the TDF from the comfort of the couch. I can't believe the poor commentary DSTV has signed into for this year's TDF, what are they thinking!

Surely they could have purchased a better coverage package given the exorbitant monthly fees? The sound quality and volume is poor.

Anyone know where I can get an alternative commentary broadcast?

Sadly for sportsfans other than rugby football and cricket you're not gonna get the best. and with the rugby contract being R1.5bn most of your money goes towards that.

Its not only the sound quality, but that commentator is lousy! where is the guy that used to commentate?

13:56 and commentary from Phill Ligget just commenced! Thanks DSTV, we pay you enough to look after us !!!!!!!! I don't have HD but glad we have Phill back. Can't get iTV player to stream broadcast but at least commentary and sound since improved.

We are one of a very few countries that show the entire stage, that is why commentary with Phil and Paul commences later in in the race, when all the other broadcasters join, I actually think we are extremely lucky/spoilt!

Thanks!

Sure, the dedicated thread will mostly be the odd update and some regular chirps...