Bicycle McGyver's

Hairy

Just made a chain keeper out of a piece of irrigation hose and a couple of cable ties. Will test it out this weekend, if I manage to replace my brake hoses in time.

Just finished the back-plate for my home made chain guide. It's a preliminary cutting, and I will be refining it over time.

Just need to add the bolts and the sliders, and we're A for Away.

I reckon I'll be making a mould from it, and casting a proper one out of some sort of resin with a couple of bits of kevlar to lend some extra strength.

More pics to follow as I finish other bits of it.

post-3056-0-91766400-1373571465_thumb.jpg

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

So a few months (read nearly a year now) I needed to sort out the brakes on the SS .... I had a set of levers without the "pins" holding the lever to the lever body and used a simple calble tie and a allen key solution, see pics below.

Anyhow, this has been working very well :)

post-5403-0-95906300-1373614753_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-48986200-1373614758_thumb.jpg

So a few months (read nearly a year now) I needed to sort out the brakes on the SS .... I had a set of levers without the "pins" holding the lever to the lever body and used a simple calble tie and a allen key solution, see pics below.

Kudos - that's quite inventive.

ROFL. Hairy, do yourself a favour, go to a hardware store and look for a clevis pin, then put that in instead. Far neater, and can be a dedicated solution...

post-3056-0-07504600-1373615166_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Cape Nut & Bolt or one of the bolt supply companies should have stock. And they're dirt cheap.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Recovered my SDG saddle in leather last week

post-3441-0-08485800-1372961885_thumb.jpg

And "made" this spiderless chainring/crankset this evening.

post-3441-0-51406600-1372961975_thumb.jpg

I would be very interested in how you did the saddle.

How about a step-by-step when you have the time?

I have a Rolls that will need recovering in time, and I have a bunch of leather.

Pretty please???

Haven't got any pics but have been servicing my Suntour Axon fork for a while not... super easy when you figure out what is going on- clean out seals, replace oil etc.

Would put new seals in, but can't source any, but so far so good. I also increased it from 80 to 100mm of travel... very tempted to drill another hole and make it more...

Just made a chain keeper out of a piece of irrigation hose and a couple of cable ties. Will test it out this weekend, if I manage to replace my brake hoses in time.

How did the chain keeper work out?

Just finished the back-plate for my home made chain guide. It's a preliminary cutting, and I will be refining it over time.

I reckon I'll be making a mould from it, and casting a proper one out of some sort of resin with a couple of bits of kevlar to lend some extra strength.

Just a question, is that plate clamped using the BB or does it slip over and use the ISCG mounts?

Edited by Grebel

Just a question, is that plate clamped using the BB or does it slip over and use the ISCG mounts?

ISCG. And this is just a preliminary. I have more polyprop for subsequent, potentially improved designs.

ISCG. And this is just a preliminary. I have more polyprop for subsequent, potentially improved designs.

I want to do something similar. Wanting to go 2X9. Replace the big ring with a new laser cut bashring and make up a Stinger type chain roller. No time, no time!

I want to do something similar. Wanting to go 2X9. Replace the big ring with a new laser cut bashring and make up a Stinger type chain roller. No time, no time!

Or - just get an old 42t chainring or something and file it down... That's what Flowta did on his Sanction...

• 3 weeks later...

So how is this project going?