upgrading to 29er?

MischaB

I'm relaxed. If I want specific advise on a bike or anything else, I will start a new topic. Like you said it was discussed in length before and I don't want to read trough 30+ pages of info that's not relevant to my needs. Most of the pages is actually irrelevant crap of people arguing and trying to get their opinions heard.

Cool...create your thread, don't expect any help on a subject that has been discussed like the one above though. As you were

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question was from a first time poster. He / She probably doesnt fully understand the site yet. Hence the question being asked.

Cool...create your thread, don't expect any help on a subject that has been discussed like the one above though. As you were

Cool. Not trying to start an argument. You guys gave me lots of advise in the past before. Will be seeing you at a single speed event soon :devil:

Cool. Not trying to start an argument. You guys gave me lots of advise in the past before. Will be seeing you at a single speed event soon :devil:

Lekkers bud :thumbup:

This specific topic is so overly discussed that I almost hate any question relating to it....its really a non event the whole wheelsize thing. FRIB...that is all

I'm thinking about upgrading my mtb.I've been looking at the Scott Scale 920 or 910.

My current mtb (also Scott scale) has 26" wheels. I'm quite small (1.58m), might the 29" wheels be a problem for me?

Pro's and cons of 29"wheels and any suggestions on what to buy?

If I were in your shoes I would keep my 26" scott and upgrade it. How old is it and which components does it have?

You are not tall and should benefit from the lighter weight of 26 bikes and wheels and once you ride a 29er with heavy wheels I think you will think twice about your purchase.

Get a a nice wheelset and something here and there and then ignore the slow guys on their 29ers cause the sun doesn't shine out of a 29er's arse.

Edited by MTB Marinio

Lekkers bud :thumbup:

This specific topic is so overly discussed that I almost hate any question relating to it....its really a non event the whole wheelsize thing. FRIB...that is all

"upgrading" to a 29er and the tire advice threads are getting really old now.

I'm relaxed. If I want specific advise on a bike or anything else, I will start a new topic. Like you said it was discussed in length before and I don't want to read trough 30+ pages of info that's not relevant to my needs. Most of the pages is actually irrelevant crap of people arguing and trying to get their opinions heard.

you must be new to the hub if you think you'll get anything better on this thread

The question was from a first time poster. He / She probably doesnt fully understand the site yet. Hence the question being asked.

Hence my reply to search. I thought I was being helpful and some oke who's pissed it's Friday gives me a go... :unsure: .

Hence my reply to search. I thought I was being helpful and some oke who's pissed it's Friday gives me a go... :unsure: .

Relax Bro!

I think this thread is as good as any for our friday brawl

left left right uppercut

Gotta agree!

I also upgraded from 26er to scott scale 910 im 1.83m and what a bike u cant go wrong. Do it.