Carbon Road Bike on Home Trainer

FELT**M

I have been riding mine on the trainer for a long time... As well as a few of my friends. Never had any problems. I do however try to keep my rocking to a minimum when I stand up (which is not a lot) but just saying...

You'll be fine

I suspect that carbon frames can take more of a beating than we give it credit for.

I was also sceptical at first but now I don't even think about it.

Edited by Thomo

Ride it. If there is no warranty claim, claiming you are not allowed to... I cant see any problem with it.

I bet a bike takes more of a beating on the road than on a trainer... If you're not convinced, then just watch Martyn Ashton's Road Bike Party again.

Just be aware that if there is a claim on the frame the distributors normally try and use the Indoor trainer as a way out.

They tried that with my father-in-law when his Cervelo cracked.

He has a track bike permanently set up on his trainer, so me got around that one.

Interesting comment on the warranty story.

Do bike warranties specifically exclude use on an indoor trainer? I have only every bought 1 new carbon bike and don't remember ever seeing that in the warranty terms and conditions.

Just be aware that if there is a claim on the frame the distributors normally try and use the Indoor trainer as a way out. They tried that with my father-in-law when his Cervelo cracked. He has a track bike permanently set up on his trainer, so me got around that one.

So

• Cervelo Testteam used indoor trainers to warm up, and so does Garmin using Cervelo bikes?
  • Matt (@cervelo) uses an indoor trainer
  • Cervelo.com has Indoor Trainer sessions
  • ... (use Google)

and Cervelo South Africa doesn't like them?

Use the right quick release, and try not to fix your fork to the floor so that the front wheel can move under stress.