Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

That's about it...

Although, there are also similar characteristics between those at the front (no sense of humour), the middle (some sense of humour, possibly) and the back (where all the humour is) of each day.

Hey.. I'm doing the race and we take it for a lekker jol.. Stop and smell the roses (aka ganga plants ) while still being competitive with those around you

Nooo stretch... don't burst the hub's generalisation bubble... it's always so fun to read.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They say plastic bags over your socks works like a charm. Have to confess that I haven't tried it though.

It works brilliantly! And I also get those thin butcher type plastic gloves for under my cycling gloves. Then also the normal newspaper for the body, etc.

They say plastic bags over your socks works like a charm. Have to confess that I haven't tried it though.

Easy solution in case of emergency, but cant think how your feet will feel after a long ride

Fortuitously it was not a form of accident of any kind.

I just went into this year over trained and decided with the aid of a physio that rest would do me good. Long story short; rest, a little bit of riding, more rest and now mild flu (when I planned to start training again) has got the better of me with 4 weeks of training left.

Just have fun while out on the bike, no need for caution as long as you don't over estimate your ability (skills-wise.)

Hey - it's Sani, not the Epic. I did one on three weeks training starting five weeks before the year my kids were born (and on no sleep). So I did a bit(!) of walking... :ph34r:

Third year - first Adventure.

Winter is here, out riding this morningat 4:30; East Rand and the temp was 7°!!

Fek, is that what it was. I left at 6 and it was still perishing.

4 weeks and then i am heading down to Himeville

T-27 days and counting before we leave for himeville...cant wait anymore :clap:

T-27 days and counting before we leave for himeville...cant wait anymore :clap:

Trail, Adventure or race?

It works brilliantly! And I also get those thin butcher type plastic gloves for under my cycling gloves. Then also the normal newspaper for the body, etc.

The Rapha for Bergies Line?

Did the race last year, but changed it to the Trail. We are weekend warriors and ended up starting very late in the race. We didn't do "badly", but because the race has all the pro's and super serious guys in it, we ended up arriving when the bikewashes are a mess, showers and super packed and in Jolivet we couldn't even find a place to sit re: eating.

Day 1 - 4h39m

Day 2 - 7h41m

Day 3 - 4h51m

So ja, with this year being my second and us stopping for less pictures, I think those times will only improve. PLUS, add to the fact that we are in the trail, I hope that we will be in some higher batches and perhaps have a place to sit for dinner at Jolivet. HAHA

Anyone still in need of accomodation after day-1 (Tuesday 13 May) of this years Trail either for riders or supporters? Excellent accomodation situated only 2km from the MacKenzie Club overnight village. If so please contact Jules Stone on julesstone@vodamail.co.za