Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

Highs: day one in it's entirety

Lows: rear shock going leading to a subtle change in seat angle that left me passing blood for three days.

Looking forwards to 2014 becuase the riding here is crap at the moment and i'm behind where i was this time last year, floods, gales all the trails are sodden, hoping to get over to ireland for a few days road training next week and need to man up a bit.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner bailed on me and we have a Trial entry. By no means a race snake, more of an adventure riding. How easy or difficult do you think it will be to find a partner? I am in Cpt.

My partner bailed on me and we have a Trial entry. By no means a race snake, more of an adventure riding. How easy or difficult do you think it will be to find a partner? I am in Cpt.

Hi Boyracer, I am looking for an entry for myself and my brother - if you decide to not go, we will definitely buy this from you - Otherwise, I hope you come right with a partner! Sure you will!

Whoop - week 1 of 12 weeks training program survived :) Yip Sani is barely 12 weeks away! Only sad thing is not much single track until I have established a reasonable base and dropped a few Kgs :D

• 1 month later...

I have a Race entry that I really really want to swap for a Adventure entry, please DM me if you want to swap

Easy

Glad to see the chatter re: Sani is continuing. Last year I broke my virgin in the Race and boy, what a jol it was. First day I got a RUDE awakening as Group I totally dropped us. Day 2 was a MONSTER MUD feast and Day 3 was some of the best riding I've ever done.

People focus so much on Day 2 that they forget how AMAZING day 1 and 3 are. I can still feel the nerves of day 1 and see the views of Day 3.

Vernon Crooks, Nandos Stop, Red Bull Stands, Jollievet.

COME ON!!!

http://fhpienaar.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/losing-my-virginitysani2c-2013part-1/

People focus so much on Day 2 that they forget how AMAZING day 1 and 3 are. I can still feel the nerves of day 1 and see the views of Day 3.

I agree. Day 1 and 3 are still awesome in their own right and also easily underestimated. Not as tough as Day 2, but they still deserve some respect.

That being said; the Race had a raw deal last year with the rain on Day 2. If the weather holds up this year, you'll be blown away. My Day 2s are still my best days on a bike ever.

I agree. Day 1 and 3 are still awesome in their own right and also easily underestimated. Not as tough as Day 2, but they still deserve some respect.

That being said; the Race had a raw deal last year with the rain on Day 2. If the weather holds up this year, you'll be blown away. My Day 2s are still my best days on a bike ever.

Yes, raw deal is an understatement. I was genuinely scared when going down the Umkomaas and I actually have a picture from ActionPhoto with the valley on the right (sheer drop), I'm cleeted out and my back tyre is going side ways. #PoopinpMyPants. (http://fhpienaar.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/15296277.jpg)

Can't wait. Pity no build-up to N0:10. Sani news very quiet thought there would be more hype this year!!

Can't wait. Pity no build-up to N0:10. Sani news very quiet thought there would be more hype this year!!

Agree. Thought there would be much more hype. Only entered because it is the 10th.

Agree. Thought there would be much more hype. Only entered because it is the 10th.

?? Dont understand that. I only entered because Sani2C is the best MTB event on the planet!! Cannot wait