Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

Not want to hijack the thread and steer away, but I agree the litter on the route was really bad, we rode B batch and I got annoyed at the amount of new fresh gel and general rider litter......how difficult is it to decant gel into a small runner flask or choose to have at water tables.....it's not that much to ask is it.

I just don't get the mentality of it. If you can bring the gel with you, you can take an empty one back??? these ****** are going to end up ruining these beautiful events for the rest of us when the farmers get the zig and stop us from riding on their land.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had an absolute blast in the race...got a freebie! the route was amazing, the setup was also amazing. my partner burnt all his matches on day 1 so we were slow after that, but it was still great fun. I cant recommend this race enough! well done farmer Glen and all your team

Can one do the adventure part of this race as an individual, or do you need to be a team?

Can one do the adventure part of this race as an individual, or do you need to be a team?

From my understanding there isn't a solo category.

My partner had to bail after breaking his hand after hitting a drum just before the cat bridge. No the drum was not in the way he went off track to hit it. As a team we have DNF but individually I have a time but obviously no placing. This being my first it was an incredible experience and one I hope to repeat.

My partner had to bail after breaking his hand after hitting a drum just before the cat bridge. No the drum was not in the way he went off track to hit it. As a team we have DNF but individually I have a time but obviously no placing. This being my first it was an incredible experience and one I hope to repeat.

Was this the wipeout they showed on the video at night (trail)?

Yup that's the one. He has posted that video and his GoPro to YouTube titled Mtb runs out of talent showing off for the helicopter.

Yup that's the one. He has posted that video and his GoPro to YouTube titled Mtb runs out of talent showing off for the helicopter.

Link

That's exactly what he said, it wasn't a hard but trying to high five a drum is what did it. When he got up he said he heard something crack and was inspecting the bike without realizing it was his band that cracked. Priorities are right, it's all about the bike.

Also got my bail, and some other good shots, on a mates action cam, won us both a GoPro with the GoPro competition.. Great success!! But now I cant bend my leg because of roasties... :blush:

You the dude that wanted the single MTB girls to come inspect your roasties in your tent?

Also got my bail, and some other good shots, on a mates action cam, won us both a GoPro with the GoPro competition.. Great success!! But now I cant bend my leg because of roasties... :blush:

Was this the one on the Trail? Please tell me what made u go down - track looked clear ;)

Was this the one on the Trail? Please tell me what made u go down - track looked clear ;)

He tried to wave for the camera.