Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

Awesome day - warm, dry. Started H, moved up to F.

Enjoy work. .. ☺

We did exactly the same H to F and F, so we possibly chatted without even knowing it, great ride compared to the mud fest from last year.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We did exactly the same H to F and F, so we possibly chatted without even knowing it, great ride compared to the mud fest from last year.

Indeed! How did you go today?

Was my first sani. JEEEEZ what a ride!! Glen has put together quite a thing over the years, but most of all it was an awesome ride. Can't wait to see some of the footage of bombing down the Crooks descent, hooking up right at the top in a train of 4 other maniacs. And Cheers to all the amaizing people there. Common cause where everyone is a champion.. Loved every minute.

A bit hesitant on the navigation thing for next year - half the time I couldn't see my Garmin Screen so knowing me I would get lost. But I think come september I would be hard pressed to say no :)

post-30139-1400218935,2701.jpg

GPS navigation is not hard at all. My wife and I did Joberg2C without any issues.

What an experience...had the best time of my liiiife :clap:

Sitting here today to see the race guys come in and to soake up the last bit of atmosphere....

With it being my second Sani, I set myself a couple of goals, which consisted losely of (A) beating my previous years time and (B) surviving day 2. :)

So, Day 1 (A batch), we did the first 50 at a cracking pace (2h28m) and then disaster struck. My partner's derailleur broke. Not the hanger, no, the actual friggen thing. Eish. After stuffing around and trying to ride in 1 gear, we stopped and converted to SS. We are a bit useless with chains and wasted some time trying to get quick links working, alas there was success and we made it home. My partner being a total MACHINE for rocking big blade all the way 5km before WP2.

Day 2 (G batch) was bliss and although we hit a bit of traffic coming down the Umko we had a great ride and ended with a fab time of 6h00. Considering I did 7h41m last year, it was amazing.

Day 3 (C batch) was also a jol. Everything clicked and I killed last years time of 4h36m with a 3h42m.

Loved every minute of it and it was such a great feeling for training to pay off.

Can anyone advise how to challange a time?

I had a horrid climb out of the Valley on day 2 of the trail, batteling Nausea and worst cramp ever. Made the first cutoff by 5 min and made up some time getting to highflats WP. came in with the sweeper (in the dark i may add) to clock a time of 09h34. I noticed this moring that We got a DNF for day 2. Now i know that it makes no diff to overall standings but I gave blood, sweat and tears to ensure i completed everystage!

Will be back next year to beat my times :-) had the best time ever

Lying on my couch after a hard and fast three days... Had my best ever sani2c and managed to achieve some personal milestones.. A sub 6 day 2 and a sub 14 overall... I limped home on the final day a broken man with a team effort of 13h48.. realised today just how pro 29er the final day is.. Busted my lungs and legs keeping up with and pulling a few trains with my little wheels! Really pleased with our effort for the three days

On a side note.. Previous sani riders will be interested to know that the sausage fest that was the jolivet showers is now a thing of the past and riders can now enjoy personal hot showers in the barn at the bottom... The ladies showers are apparently still a guys wet dream

Edited by Stretch

Had an awesome time this year! Day two was fantastic compared to lasts years mud fest! My training was very minimalisetic as time seemed to just disappear but we managed to ride strong and improve all our time! Once again an awesome event every year!!

Just on a negative not I witnessed one rider litter twice, once on day two and again on day 3! I called him out on it on both occasions and was told that he will not go and pick up his litter. So to the guy on the red specialized, can't remember your race number exactly was either 2540 or 2450(sorry if I'm incriminating the innocent), you sir are a pig! Even if it was unintentional we were riding in C batch, you were not going to win anything so next time stop and pick up your mess!!

Can anyone advise how to challange a time?

I had a horrid climb out of the Valley on day 2 of the trail, batteling Nausea and worst cramp ever. Made the first cutoff by 5 min and made up some time getting to highflats WP. came in with the sweeper (in the dark i may add) to clock a time of 09h34. I noticed this moring that We got a DNF for day 2. Now i know that it makes no diff to overall standings but I gave blood, sweat and tears to ensure i completed everystage!

Will be back next year to beat my times :-) had the best time ever

We did a 7:14 on day 2 and also got a false DNF. The MC even read out our names as we finished. I have emailed spectrumsport as well as the race organisers. I'll let you know what happens when they reply.

Just on a negative not I witnessed one rider litter

i called a guy out in the reserve just before day 2 stop 1, he neatly placed his gu on a rock while he was stopped - after I called him back he picked it up and said he though someone was going to come pick it up..... :blink: the mind truly boggles. We were in G batch this morning and there was a lot of litter from only 4 batches in front of us (C D E F)

Not want to hijack the thread and steer away, but I agree the litter on the route was really bad, we rode B batch and I got annoyed at the amount of new fresh gel and general rider litter......how difficult is it to decant gel into a small runner flask or choose to have at water tables.....it's not that much to ask is it.

We did a 7:14 on day 2 and also got a false DNF. The MC even read out our names as we finished. I have emailed spectrumsport as well as the race organisers. I'll let you know what happens when they reply.

we were also named by MC when we came in. I Mailed spectrum sport and tweeted sani2c_scoop. so will see what happens.