Sani2C 2014

Hermanus Cycles

thats it - that you? or you just took the photo?. was chatting to one of their mates on day 1 and apparently the one guy is a machine..does all his riding on that bike

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats it - that you? or you just took the photo?. was chatting to one of their mates on day 1 and apparently the one guy is a machine..does all his riding on that bike

Is that a road or cross bike?

It's a cyclocross bike :) My partner Matthew de Jongh and I were the riders. Matt is the agent for Cotic bicycles in SA. They're an English boutique brand that makes steel frames (http://cotic.co.za/). Last year Matt and I did Sani on fully rigid 29er single speed Cotic Simples. This year we decided to have a bash on our Cotic X cyclocross bikes. They were brilliant.... we didn't even have to pump the tyres over the three days.

It's a cyclocross bike :) My partner Matthew de Jongh and I were the riders. Matt is the agent for Cotic bicycles in SA. They're an English boutique brand that makes steel frames (http://cotic.co.za/). Last year Matt and I did Sani on fully rigid 29er single speed Cotic Simples. This year we decided to have a bash on our Cotic X cyclocross bikes. They were brilliant.... we didn't even have to pump the tyres over the three days.

nice one - i tuned you while were heading off on the district road at the start...i said they reckon sani is a roadie race but thats taking it the extreme! and then you sped off like the roadrunner

Huge respect! Saw your bikes a couple of times in the bikepark. What was your total time? Edited by Sniffie

We did the Race... stopped the clock at 14h05, which placed us a mighty 372nd :)

wow - surprised we did not cross paths again - we snuck in just before you in 13h47. Big kudos to you guys!

it actually wasn't that bad. I was a bit cold for 20-30 mins but then started to dry out and finished in 3h51...

I have a Large Salomon I would like to exchange for an XL!

I have XL to swop for Large, you still keen?

I am in Sandton, you in Eastern Cape, might be difficult...