Landis father in law

rock

Also just read about it, can you believe it!!! How much more is going to go Landis's way? I am sure a few Conspiracy Theories can come from this!!!

smiley19.gif

This is seriously sad...

Witt's restaurant in North Park - Hawthorn's - was filled with Floyd Landis jerseys, old cycling gloves, newspaper articles and other memorabilia

[/Quote]

If this is suicide... I wonder if the locals were giving him some lip about the whole Landis thing and the pressure just got to him? Will be interesting to see what they say... What next?? smiley19.gif

thats SAD, very very SAD. Must be the media.... once again. Probalry couldn't leave the old man alone and ya, the pressure got to him. They should take the media for murder!smiley7.gifsmiley7.gif

smiley4.gif

Lost touch with the Landis story.........got bored with all this Doping issues across cycling....is he still contesting the allegations and claiming innocence ??????

Has he been stripped of the jersey and prize money yet ??

"DTsmiley4.gif"

thats SAD' date=' very very SAD. Must be the media.... once again. Probalry couldn't leave the old man alone and ya, the pressure got to him. They should take the media for murder!smiley7.gifsmiley7.gif[/quote']

Why blame the media. Who doped, Landis or the press.

I'm tired of the press always being blamed for everything. Why not rather look at how much publicity sport (in all forms) get because of the media.

Can I let you into a little secret? The media, and I'm including photographers here, is perhaps one of the most underpaid professions there is.

Have you any idea how much a national newspaper or magazine is willing to pay for a pic? The Citizen will grudgingly pay about R160 for a pic that makes it into the front pages. Magazines are slightly better, but not much.

Remember, the media brought you the news to start with!

Media in general = sniffer dogssmiley17.gif

Exactly, and no-one complains when a front page has a headline 'Chrispy wins sensational race' or 'Cervelo signs $11 m TdF deal' or even 'Raquel Welch nude on Germiston beach'

Get real,the media has a job to do and if something is newsworthy it should be reported.

Yes, the media actually has a duty to inform the public of newsworthy happenings.

The problem is when people camp in your front garden to take pictures, and follow your kids to school to ask them questions about their dad's afair, and do car chases resulting in horiffic accidents, and hammer a fellow human until he OD all alone in his hotel room!

THAT SUCKS!

None of these so called stars complain when the reports say how good they are. They play to the media then get all bitter and twisted when the media picks up that they are drug addicts.

Landis won the TdF and was hailed as a hero, actually a superhero! His father -in- law must have made a pretty fortune while the TdF was on, and shortly afterwards - he obviously used Floyd's win as a marketing tool. Floyd then failed dope tests (a+b) and business turned sour, beer sales went flat etc and the he topped himself because of all the bad publicity........shame!

Makes a nice story for one of these overpaid brain-dead Hollywood script writer!

Steve, see the quote by baiesukkel, thats what I'm referring to, they don't get the info and f_ off, they camp in you  garden, plant microphones in your house, tap your phones, climb on your roof etc. Nothing against getting the news, story, behind the "scenes" , but really , they probarly couldn't leave him alone and it got too much!

Yes' date=' the media actually has a duty to inform the public of newsworthy happenings.

The problem is when people camp in your front garden to take pictures, and follow your kids to school to ask them questions about their dad's afair, and do car chases resulting in horiffic accidents, and hammer a fellow human until he OD all alone in his hotel room!

THAT SUCKS!

[/quote']

Reminds me of that incident a few TDF's ago. The French paparazzi were caught rifling through Lance Armstongs garbage.

They were probably hungry and looking for something to eat smiley2.gif smiley36.gif

They were probably hungry and looking for something to eat smiley2.gif smiley36.gif

After all... The media apparently do get k@k salaries, so free food is a bonus.

Did anyone see the insert on the Beckham's? Not sure what channel it was on... They have it bad. The media's everywhere... at their place, holiday, shopping smiley11.gif

Jason, i think the Beckhams revel on it as it adds to their marketability so they play up to it or at least add to it like selling 1st pics of their baby for millions.  Less media attention for them equalls less $$$$$.