Who needs a Dropper Post?

nickc

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Safe to assume you haven't ridden with one then, roux?

Nope....they don't tick the right boxes for me. They are expensive, requires maintenance and makes your bike heavy.

what was the preferred set up before dropper posts?

stop and adjust your seat height? or compromise and ride it in between optimal and low?

or different bikes....

I know a few peeps like that.

Nope....they don't tick the right boxes for me. They are expensive, requires maintenance and makes your bike heavy.

So just like suspension, or gears?

On an xc bike that's only going to see jeep track, it will be nothing more than a "me too" item and see hardly any use. The more aggressive / technical your riding is, the more you'll realize that they should be standard equipment.

I didn't feel that way until I ride a bike with one though. And it's not just drop on the way down and then that's it. It's drop even it gets technical, raise again for a pedal section, drop for tech and so on.

It really is a ride changer.

dropper posts are definitely the domain of trail and AM riders , jeep track should be to get you to an awesome trail, not the actual event.....

I gots gears...20 of them to be precise

Thought you had an SS rigid boytjie...

But really rouxtjie, they're worth their miniscule extra weight. Seriously.

And the newer ones aren't NEARLY as much of a maintenance problem as the Crap Brothers ones were. Or the early incarnations of the reverb.

Thought you had an SS rigid boytjie...

But really rouxtjie, they're worth their miniscule extra weight. Seriously.

And the newer ones aren't NEARLY as much of a maintenance problem as the Crap Brothers ones were. Or the early incarnations of the reverb.

hehehe i have one of those donkeys too

agree on the CB comment, dropper post in general got a bad rep because of them. Believe the newer ones are much better. To be honest I wouldn't know what to do with it...whenever things tech I get out of the saddle and it has never bothered me ito positioning my body. But then again, I am used to it.

I've been riding the Command Post on my stumpy for a month now and I will never ride without a dropper post again. Sharps berms, drop-offs, little tabletop jumps all now just feel obvious to me. I can do way more with my body than before knowing that my saddle isn't going to pick me up and slam dunk me into a rock.