50mm vs 38mm Carbon wheel set

DBK

If climbing isn't the worst thing in the world for a rider and you not looking to sprint away from a bunch,but just keep a good avg speed within the bunch.

Is it worth switching from shamal ultras to a deep section. And if so what depth?

Only weigh 76kg.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI All,

So I am trying to decide on Token C50 which is very sexy but expensive and the Concept 38mm which is a fair amount cheaper. Anybody in a position to offer advice on the 2?

Follow your heart...  :devil:

(For Gauteng, deeper is better.... not too deep though, like 80s as those hills there can be devastating)

lol - thanks - so I am assuming some negative reviews in some form or other on concept/darkhorse....that leaves Token, I suppose you get what you pay for then

You could also import your own rims with a spoke count that suits you, choose your own spokes and hubs and have them built up locally

You could also import your own rims with a spoke count that suits you, choose your own spokes and hubs and have them built up locally

This option appeals to me....wouldn't know where to start though?

This option appeals to me....wouldn't know where to start though?

Will send you a pm a bit later

lol - thanks - so I am assuming some negative reviews in some form or other on concept/darkhorse....that leaves Token, I suppose you get what you pay for then

Just this year 3 guys I know each bought a set of darkhorse and they all had issues and only the one is still riding them(The rear wheel was replaced by darkhorse very shortly after getting them). The other 2 got insurance to pay out and have since got other brands. But I also know of some guys that haven't had issues. The point is there are issues with them and the other brands you don't hear of issues to often. They do seem to replace without too much of a problem, That also tells you something.

Archived