Single speed - road bikes only

"Stevens"

Could be yours, I bought it a few years back from Tour de Frans as full on geared and changed to SS myself. doubt you want to buy it tho, was on the bike rack and reversed into a tree stump. Woodstock managed to bend it sort of straight so at least it is still ride-able. I am busy with a Moser that I got from Delgado.

OH crap !!! I was really getting hopeful !

How badly bent is it ??

- if it's US then maybe turf it my way and I can hang it up in my braai room as a momento ????

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was really messed but Nils at Woodstock Cycles managed to bend it back so it is ride-able - the joys of steel. Will send some pics when i am back in Slaapstad.

Was really messed but Nils at Woodstock Cycles managed to bend it back so it is ride-able - the joys of steel. Will send some pics when i am back in Slaapstad.

Great ! mine was sold to TdFrance Cycles so it must be my old bike - not many came into SA in that colour

If you ever change your mind about getting rid of it let me know please !

20130829080942838.pdf

Sure it must be my old bike - see attached scans

Surely the angle of wrap decreases with an increase in diameter of the chain ring = less wrap > what am I missing here as the cogs remained 16t in both cases ?

The logic in the above post doesn't work (49 gives better wrap than 48 ? due to diameter increase angle of wrap must decrease)

Increase in wrap due to tensioner being pulled closer to chainstay is greater than the decrease in wrap due to larger diameter of 1 tooth bigger chainring. As I said its a function of a lot of factors. I learned the expensive way. Using half links you should never experience these problems, but its not an option for me.

The latest addition to the family.... just need grips and brakes and pedals.

EDIT: Pedals added as they are a requirement or so I'm told.

post-389-0-97533200-1378469556_thumb.jpg

Edited by E1A104

The latest addition to the family.... just need grips and brakes and pedals.

EDIT: Pedals added as they are a requirement or so I'm told.

Oh, that Moser is nice !

Looks like it could be. The world is a small place...

So if the frames all messed up - want to off load it ? I would love to hang it on my Braai room wall

So if the frames all messed up - want to off load it ? I would love to hang it on my Braai room wall

Morning. Not that messed :) I am still riding it after a bit of bending and persuading!

Morning. Not that messed :) I am still riding it after a bit of bending and persuading!

Well if you ever get tired of riding a bent frame you know where to call - left my card with Nils last Friday just in case :mellow:

Was riding my ss roadbike on Friday morning and my damn chain came off.

I'll have to make sure in future that the chain is properly tensioned. Also, I'll have to put a 17 on the back.

• 2 weeks later...