Specialized

Help.Me.

Not as pretty as this one.

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2014-Specialized-S-Works-Shiv-triathlon-road-bike01.jpg

But how does it handle the single track? :whistling:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at this bike.

Really look at it. I bet you even if it cracks, it cracks in a sexy way that makes me think of custard.

Lovely, but not a real mountain bike IMO. Niner wheels, no travel and nearly smooth tyres - no fun at all on the trails bar the thrill of looking at it, and you can only drool so much and it could crack. Post a pic of an Enduro rather - oops, Spez don't even sell that baby here....

When we spoke with frame and composite engineers at Specialized and Cervélo, we expected them to voice strong objections to the idea of repairing carbon frames. Instead, they support the concept. "In many ways, repaired carbon frames are probably better than repaired metal frames," said Cervélo's Rinard.

"The repair process is really simple—I do it here for employee bikes," said Brad Paquin, a composite engineer at Specialized. "We could certainly perform that sort of repair [for the public], but once you release the frame back to the customer, you've assumed responsibility and liability. When you factor that in, it's safer for us to just [replace] a frame."

Another concern is the resale market. Some fixes are so good they're nearly invisible. That amazing deal on eBay or Craig's List? It could be a carbon frame with a substandard fix, and you'd never know. Small, at Ruckus, admits that this is a worry, but not for his service: "We're not concerned about the integrity of the repair, but we are concerned about [someone] selling something to an unsuspecting customer."

Crack is whack yo.

Steel is real.

My original Kona from mid 90's has a crack.

Easily fixable though.

It's a Kilauea with Reynolds 531.

Where are the pictures of the crack??? No one here can really say whether it is a warranty or not without actually seeing it.

If it's been turned down I can assure you that there is nobody and I repeat myself nobody on the hub that will be able to give an informative opinion, especially not from what would be a crappy cellphone image.

If it's been turned down I can assure you that there is nobody and I repeat myself nobody on the hub that will be able to give an informative opinion, especially not from what would be a crappy cellphone image.

All i can say is i love the fact that my LBS is pretty handy with a camera!!