Specialized

Help.Me.

My friend has a crack on his frame(seat post) and specialized does not want to come to the party.........they say he damaged the bike while falling?

anybody with contacts to help out ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contacts as in a bike shop where he can buy a new frame? Or a shady black market 2ndhand frame? Or a cheap import from China?

Unfortunately, bikes don't usually just crack near the seatpost. Someone did something funny.

Guest Smimby

Contacts as in a bike shop where he can buy a new frame? Or a shady black market 2ndhand frame? Or a cheap import from China?

Unfortunately, bikes don't usually just crack near the seatpost. Someone did something funny.

I had the same "issue" with my carbon frame, I ALWAYS torgue the seatpost clamp and the carbon there became deformed. Specialized said "your overtighten it" and I did not.....Then they said...well someone did....HUH the bikeshop that sold it to me?

They did not want to hear anything about it....and I have read about more than one specialized frames (carbon) developing a crack at the seatclamp. It looks like they could have had a few or batch of seatclamps that deformed ( My Thinking not what they said)

ie the clamps do not stay round, mine pulled in on the one side.....

Best is to ask Specialized for a S-works clamp and have the carbon frame (if it is carbon) fixed.

How did he crack the frame, lets start there?

He just saw it when washing the bike.......we did the J2C together and trained together unfortunately he is not a hub member so i am talking on his behalf............ the specialized "people" saw scuff marks on his fork and now they assume he had a fall with the bike!!

He just saw it when washing the bike.......we did the J2C together and trained together unfortunately he is not a hub member so i am talking on his behalf............ the specialized "people" saw scuff marks on his fork and now they assume he had a fall with the bike!!

Ask him for some photos.

this oke is a light weight i think 60kg or in that region ? what does a frame guarantee means ? what is excluded?

this oke is a light weight i think 60kg or in that region ? what does a frame guarantee means ? what is excluded?

Does he have a reply from Specialized in writing?

Insurance?

What bike is it?

The difficulty is that the bike could have fallen over and been damaged when services at the LBS, or even just when penned for J2C, a cracked seatpost is not a common bike injury, normally you will see a break at the stress points at the headset or BB

i was with him on the phone now to get more detail... but he is busy chasing thieves that were stealing milking cows from him..... they've stolen close to R 200 000 cows and slaughtered them at motherwell next to the road............crazy these people.....so the last thing on his mind right now is the bike, but any advice/help will be appreciated

Is that like the Anthem?

was going to say the same. my anthem replaced twice already - no questions asked. obviously a mtb is going to have scratches on the frame - it's made to be ridden hard isn't it.

Does he have a reply from Specialized in writing?

Insurance?

What bike is it?

I think so the "in writing part"

The bike is insured but we first want to sort it out with spezialised

29er carbon i think stumpjumper ??

was going to say the same. my anthem replaced twice already - no questions asked. obviously a mtb is going to have scratches on the frame - it's made to be ridden hard isn't it.

that was my first comment as well !!!! he is pretty cheesed off with them(Specialized) to be honest

I know of 2 Anthems that cracked at the seatpost/top tube point and they were replaced, one alu and one carbon.

They do however check frame size compared to ride length and weight before approving.