Momsen Bikes Worst Rims and service?

Boers3un

Anyway Boers3un, you're at Yellow Saddles now, so JB can build you up something special.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the wheel was so badly bent we would not have attempted to true the wheel. The fact that it was trued is testament to the fact that the wheel was not badly out of true. If the original poster was unhappy with our service then he should have contacted us and we would have advised him accordingly. And our wheel builder is very highly skilled, and certainly not a fool, as you so glibly infer.

If the wheel was so badly bent we would not have attempted to true the wheel. The fact that it was trued is testament to the fact that the wheel was not badly out of true. If the original poster was unhappy with our service then he should have contacted us and we would have advised him accordingly. And our wheel builder is very highly skilled, and certainly not a fool, as you so glibly infer.

Go for a wheel building course at YS and JB will learn you a lot.

I am no expert on Momsen's range. In fact I know zip about their range except that they're professing to be Saffrican, local and cleverly sourced from cheaper countries. Nothing wrong with that. Who cares about patriotism in that way, in anyway?

Having said that, I think Theo (Momsen) made a mistake by putting his name to too wide a range of bikes. You cannot compete in the sub-economical range whilst also playing around at the top end.

Crudely put, there is no Colnago with a Shimano sub-Altos gruppo on the market or, there are no Hyperama-quality Morewoods to be had. Leave that bottom end of the market to Axis and Dunlop and the likes.

A Momsen with a single-wall rim is rubbish in anyone's eyes and a quality brand shouldn't be there.

Theo, nothing personal but don't put anything on the market with anything lower than Shimano Deore, a quality square taper BB (not worse than UN52), Deore brakes, SLX shifters and RD, Deore FD, Shimano HB-5XX series hubs, brand-name tyres, non-Alex rims, Suntour Raidon fork ,10-speed drivetrain and Momsen frame. Leave he rubbish components to the saddle, seatpost and stem.

Play in a different price-point or, if you want to play in this price-point, come up with another brand.

You don't address anyone in particular. Do it.

Any wheelbuilder that doesn't recognize the symptoms of a bent rim needs more experience. There's nothing glib about stating that fact.

Finally, you infer, I allude. In other words, when I make a statement, I can't infer. Only the interlocutor can infer. That's you in this case, even up to now the interlocutor was anonymous. Thanks for coming out.

I will not enter in a grammatical point-scoring fray. And yes Mr Bornman, I was addressing the post to you. Flame on.

Edited by Trackie

You don't address anyone in particular. Do it.

Any wheelbuilder that doesn't recognize the symptoms of a bent rim needs more experience. There's nothing glib about stating that fact.

Finally, you infer, I allude. In other words, when I make a statement, I can't infer. Only the interlocutor can infer. That's you in this case, even up to now the interlocutor was anonymous. Thanks for coming out.

To allude, as you have admitted above, is to be glib.

I am no expert on Momsen's range. In fact I know zip about their range except

snip snip

Having said that, I think Theo (Momsen)

Theo?

I think you should have stopped at the bold bit

Edited by Tumbleweed

Hasnt he some royal name???

George, Alexander, Victoria, William or something????

What are you alluding to? :whistling:

Momsen cannot be expected to offer advice or after sales service.

That is the responsibility of the lbs. He made the sale, with him lies the discretion of warranty etc.

If the lbs can justify the claim, the rep will entertain the possibility of a replacement.

Chain of events.

If you buy a VW and have crap with it, camping outside the plant in uitenhage asking them to fix it isn't gonna help

Momsen cannot be expected to offer advice or after sales service.

That is the responsibility of the lbs. He made the sale, with him lies the discretion of warranty etc.

If the lbs can justify the claim, the rep will entertain the possibility of a replacement.

Chain of events.

If you buy a VW and have crap with it, camping outside the plant in uitenhage asking them to fix it isn't gonna help

Another tantrum???

I wouldn't buy a Tata indica, load it up with four mates and attempt a trip across Africa. I would need a landcruiser. Unfortunately I cant afford one so I'll stay in cape town. Right tools for the job. And u have to pay for the right tools.

I wouldn't buy a Tata indica, load it up with four mates and attempt a trip across Africa. I would need a landcruiser. Unfortunately I cant afford one so I'll stay in cape town. Right tools for the job. And u have to pay for the right tools.

...Having said that, I think Theo (Momsen)...

Victor Momsen

Once parked my car in front of Barons Bellville's service garage door before they opened. And left with the key. Got the attention of all the right people and what they were struggling to fix for months and months got sorted in a day.

Not my proudest moment...no actually...that's a pretty cool story.