2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

Janse van Rensburg finished 14sec off the win in 21 st position! Flipping awesome for that grueling climb to the finish!!

Love that he's going for it!!

Wow! Climbing with Nibali! Go Reinhardt!

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Janse van Rensburg is a quality rider with a bright future in Europe.

There's a lot of raving going on about Janse on several other forums.

Brilliant win by the Roche - those Irish eyes are smiling!

Stunning part of the world as well, looking forward to the rest of the race.

I just watched it now, beautiful coastal scenery, almost completely undeveloped, quite amazing really, just a few average houses perched on the cliffs a coupla meters from the water.

Was quite surprised to see the speed they went up that cat 1 climb, its only the second day but the pace was astonishing. Thats what I have to say I enjoy about the smaller tours, lots of crazy guys throwing caution to the wind in search of a win. Seldom one sees that in the tour so early on.

Seems we can write Sanchez and Henao off almost right away. Sanchez I am sorry to see out of contention, Henao not so much, a grossly overrated climber in my opinion.

Janse van Rensburg tweeted that he finished in the gruppetto and it was his teammate that finished 23rd

Janse van Rensburg tweeted that he finished in the gruppetto and it was his teammate that finished 23rd

Oraait...

Basso showed good form.

He needs to crawl back up the GC ladder to get back into contention.

Yeah, he looked fine, but I fear he will struggle to take the red Jersey from Nibs now, he was just cruising along if you ask me.

I wonder if Astana intend keeping it or if they will get rid of it quickly, with a lot of climbing its unlikely the sprinters teams will be doing too much work so I think they will toss it soon, no point in killing themselves so early on.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Yeah GOG

Didn't reckon that Nibs would wear red so quickly.

He looks might confident though.