2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

"I have never had a Grand Tour lead before and with just eight seconds i really wanted to try for it... I was so close in the Tour de France on the overall lead, just eight seconds back, and I had to give it everything here. I was a bit on the limit at one point when I accelerated, but I really wanted to try and get the lead."

Roche, in red

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes gr8 to see the Roche in red, such a cool guy

http://cdn.velonews.competitor.com/files/2013/08/roche1-659x440.jpg

Have to agree GoG. Horner has shown guts and an awesome stage win but no chance when the mountains get really big.

How was that ending today? Great ride by Basso!

Yeah, Basso was great, maybe he just left his run a bit late, I thought he could have won if he got a gap.

Nibali seemed to lag a little near the end there yesterday, hope its not signs of the future, but then he is still well placed overall, probably happy to get shot of the red jersey.

Yes gr8 to see the Roche in red, such a cool guy

Yeah, I think he has all three jerseys now, pretty good going indeed.

Seems the TDF was too much for Kreuziger and Mollema, just not enough recovery time.

Seems the TDF was too much for Kreuziger and Mollema, just not enough recovery time.

And it's only week 1!

Ivan the Terrible shows consistent from and moves to 11th

Uran fades.

Valverde looking tough tough.

Nibs looking vulnerable or is he not going too deep. Hmmm...

http://inrng.com/medias/img/toroosbornevuelta2013.jpg

Is this in the area of Ribera del Duero? It is basically between Madrid and Rioja on your way to Catalunya. I recognize the Bull on the hill. It is the logo of one of the biggest wine producers in Spain. Travelled that road in May. Love Spain

They on the final climb, 8km of 18%. Mazitski (Vacansoleil) has a minute gap on peleton. Scarponi falling off the back. Horner, Nibs, Ivan and Valverde still there. Climb kicks up to 23%.

Edited by Cippo

Under 6km to go, Astana turning the screws with Fulgsang and Nibs. Moreno in red has fallen out the back. Lone leader has just over 30 secs.

Horner breaks with 4.5km to go.Basso doing the pace work with remainding leaders. Valverde and Pinot have joined them.

Edited by Cippo