Santa Cruz Tallboy 2 frames

FCH

I can get the Tallboy Carbon or aluminium for R25000 & R20000 respectively in the US ( price inc vat and shipping to SA)

Worth the slep to build up the bike on this end at these prices?

I can get the Tallboy Carbon or aluminium for R25000 & R20000 respectively in the US ( price inc vat and shipping to SA)

Worth the slep to build up the bike on this end at these prices?

Check what the prices are locally first...

Sounds like good prices from what I can remember. Silly question but make sure it includes the rear shock. I might be in with you if you can get the carbon.

Local prices are 31k plus, for the TB2c frameset. 25k inclusive landed is a steal, but you won't get local support from Dragon. PM me the details if you don't mind.

I'm ideally looking for the TB1c in a Medium, just prefer the black and red aesthetics, but keen to explore TB2 option. Weight improvement over TB1c is only about 220 grams, so much of a muchness.

Edited by Brogue

Pm me too please. I have a Tallboy but would like to know more

What model TB do you have? I ride a Superlight, but TBc is the ultimate frameset for me. Looks like we're bulk buying with FCH, perhaps the numbers will shrink accordingly.

Local prices are 31k plus, for the TB2c frameset. 25k inclusive landed is a steal, but you won't get local support from Dragon. PM me the details if you don't mind.

I'm ideally looking for the TB1c in a Medium, just prefer the black and red aesthetics, but keen to explore TB2 option. Weight improvement over TB1c is only about 220 grams, so much of a muchness.

IIRC the diff between TB1 & TB2 is that the TB2 has a 12mm TA rear whereas the TB1 is a normal QR rear

Nope, There are more differences...

http://vimeo.com/67230762

Yeah, but that was the one that got my attention the most of all. Slight changes in shock actuation ratios and stiffening ont eh frame, as well as a few other things as well.

If it were me, I'd spring for the TB2 over the TB1 any day of the week if I were looking for a new frame, in that segment.

If it were me, I'd spring for the TB2 over the TB1 any day of the week if I were looking for a new frame, in that segment.

I kinda agree. Local prices will be through the roof. Exchange rate seems favourable(ish) at the moment so If I can land the TB2c at 25k or less, black with white decals, I would seriously consider looting my 5yr old daughter's piggy bank. :whistling:

Edited by Brogue

I kinda agree. Local prices will be through the roof. Exchange rate seems favourable(ish) at the moment so If I can land the TB2c at 25k or less, black with white decals, I would seriously consider looting my 5yr old daughter's piggy bank. :whistling:

And be warrantee-less...

Weigh that up very carefully first. Then if you decide to go ahead with the import, insure it properly so you don't rue the loss of warrantee.

IIRC the diff between TB1 & TB2 is that the TB2 has a 12mm TA rear whereas the TB1 is a normal QR rear

Not so. As of 2013 models the TB1 had a 12 mm TA.

You sure about that? The change to TA was one if the updates applied to the new TB aka TB2.

Possibly the TB LT that has the TA in 2013, but the regular TB not ?