Who's Doing the USN Race - Red Barn Saturday.

Natashap

Not sure what happened out there today, was in B batch but did just over 40 kms. I know from C batch down will now all be put in a separate 30 km group. Route was fun though, nice to do something different here, just missed the very fast single track.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha, started in b batch felt really flat so rode with the c batch riders , ended up doing 32.4 how are the distances so radically different, and at no point did I feel lost, until the Marshall at the end said we were at 48 km mark...

I rode C batch ended on 29.8km, they said a split board got nocked over between the A & B group riders. Had a lekka ride though.

Don't know why organisers don't put marshals at the splits, especially with a new route.

Will be back for the next one, Red Barn is always a schweet place to ride

i rode A, was an awesome run..i got 44kms. excellent track..the single track was so much fun..broke my chain..but all round lekker event

Edited by Mike Bike

i rode A, was an awesome run..i got 48kms. excellent track..the single track was so much fun..broke my chain..but all round lekker event

Awesome track - will be back again and again!

Started d batch, did 45km. It was initially congested,rest of the race i hardly saw anyone. I had a ton of singletrack all for myself, enjoyed that part. Had a few places where route turnoffs wasnt marked clearly, had to look carefully for those blue strips. I assume the 50km was only 45km, saw a few spots where if you missed a turn you might cut a few kms .

Edited by silvertemplar

No-one seems to have done the same distance. WTF?

Personally, never once felt lost. I arrived at end and saw my slightly short distance.

Edited by Craig Slow

No-one seems to have done the same distance. WTF?

Personally, never once felt lost. I arrived at end and saw my slightly short distance.

I was quite surprised when last marshall was saying 1.5km to go when i was on 43km. I saw a few places where if one miss a turn , especially into some of the single track circuits, youd cut alot of kms and still rejoin the route. Wont be surprised if a few missed a few single track sections.

Awesome ride, also had mine shortened by 20ks though.

Oh well,on the bright side, next time there will be something new to see :)

Bummer of a ride ... started strong ... landed up at the finish at 32km ?????

Had strong legs still, not sure what the hell happened, I didnt miss any markers as far as I know ... WTF ??? Took the 50km turn-off...

The route I did do was fantastic .... man what a drop off .... and the ramps - got big air, was worried about a collapsed bike but landed on both wheels :)

Maybe next time I get to do the 50km ...

I had a crappy day out , first ten kms burped my tyre fell and hurt my wrist, ten kms later my chain broke, and just when I decided to just finish and enjoy the single track the race was over. Better luck next time!

Great day out ... had the last 20km all to myself (at least it felt like it ;) ) ... got 44km must have missed something along the way :whistling: