No Energade triseries?

pastapouch

Yup! In about 1991 I think - 1st year varsity, perms were big back then!

Maybe in Newcastle but nowehere else!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can we enter? I have seen the listings on TSA but no other info can be found, including how or where to enter ..... Or have I missed something?

Details on Global 11 sprint tri.

Sat 9th Nov.

Entry fee: USD55 Bwahahahahaha, are they frigging nuts? Never mind that it is illegal to sell things in any currency other than ZAR in South Africa. (USD10 discount if you enter before 1 Oct)

Relay entry fee is USD153. (+-R1530 for a 1hr 20min race) I need to get back on my chair now.

Link here

Olympic entry is USD65, Team USD181

Details on Global 11 sprint tri.

Sat 9th Nov.

Entry fee: USD55 Bwahahahahaha, are they frigging nuts? Never mind that it is illegal to sell things in any currency other than ZAR in South Africa. (USD10 discount if you enter before 1 Oct)

Relay entry fee is USD153. (+-R1530 for a 1hr 20min race) I need to get back on my chair now.

Link here

Olympic entry is USD65, Team USD181

He he, and have you noticed: if you come second in your race, the prize money won't even cover your entry fee.

I really don't understand this...

BSG series was sold out every weekend with 2,000 guys still paying their R350 entry fee (or whatever it was)...

This gives you a R700,000 budget. Now having this race at Roodeplaat dam or wherever cant be that expensive.

Triathlon is so bloody expensive a sponsor shouldn't even be needed...

Ironman? R4,200 x 2,000 entries = R8.4m

I think BSG has left a massive opportunity / gap in the market....

The same with those Joburg tri races.... Who ever hosted them made a fortune. Germiston lake... only 5km of road closures and a very expensive entry...

I really don't understand this...

BSG series was sold out every weekend with 2,000 guys still paying their R350 entry fee (or whatever it was)...

This gives you a R700,000 budget. Now having this race at Roodeplaat dam or wherever cant be that expensive.

Triathlon is so bloody expensive a sponsor shouldn't even be needed...

Ironman? R4,200 x 2,000 entries = R8.4m

I think BSG has left a massive opportunity / gap in the market....

The same with those Joburg tri races.... Who ever hosted them made a fortune. Germiston lake... only 5km of road closures and a very expensive entry...

With numbers like that, I am surprised that a sponsor hasn't jumped in. I've been looking for kids triathlons for my nephew and BSG is the only one that has their name everywhere. It's a gold mine if you ask me

Must also be why IM is expanding their series.... It used to be IM. Then came 70.3. Then Bela Bela, now Germiston......

Soon these guys will have an event every 6 weeks......

So before we all jump on the 'greedy b******s' bandwagon, does anyone know the reasoning for that? I don't feel like creating a TSA flaming session for no reason

From what I heard TSA wants a big piece of the cake, hence why BSG pulled out.

Of course. They ask R100+ per athlete per event. They also charge fees if the organiser wants to air the event on the TV for example even though they have nothing to do with this... or do not do anything to earn the money they just give "approval" whatever that means....

It is always annoying at IM after paying the R4,200 entry fee arriving at the registration and the leeches are there waiting for you. Then they take your money and add no value (in my opinion).

TSA is not adding value for the R600 they take from me annually.

But lets not get started...

So before we all jump on the 'greedy b******s' bandwagon, does anyone know the reasoning for that? I don't feel like creating a TSA flaming session for no reason

They have been flamed previously on the Hub. I just cant find the link. It was interesting. Someone actually posted their exact tariffs. If you want to organise a Tri for example you have to pay them R15,000 or something. THey don't help, they do nothing they just give "approval".

Ask DaveM. He used to organise a few races... You can also ask the Spectrum sport guys........

So they are just being greedy b******s then. Garfield.... you are always involved and talking tri - have you thought about trying to get on the board to get involved with trying to change this? I haven't been involved with a board before so don't see myself getting involved, yet, on that level.

So they are just being greedy b******s then. Garfield.... you are always involved and talking tri - have you thought about trying to get on the board to get involved with trying to change this? I haven't been involved with a board before so don't see myself getting involved, yet, on that level.

Maybe one day! I just think their vision should change to something in terms of trying to get everyone involved. Tri is such a family sport. It is not one if you have to pay a R100 levy at every race for something you cannot see. But ja maybe we are missing some of the positive things that they do as well.