No Energade triseries?

pastapouch

It is not one if you have to pay a R100 levy at every race for something you cannot see. But ja maybe we are missing some of the positive things that they do as well.

I don't know, haven't see them do anything positive thus far.

They also make it as difficult as possible to avoid the R100 charge per event by not handling any memberships themselves (you _have_ to join a club and the club handles the TSA membership).

They literally do nothing and rake in money at every event someone tries to organise.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no, wait, they do sometimes do something:

Like last year when they made the idiotic proposal of imposing qualification events for Ironman distance events. Even after they were made aware of the fact that their proposal would probably cause more deaths than it would save.

The only thing TSA cares about is gouging athletes and organisers as much as they can. And now they've managed to kill a complete series, it seems. Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Oh, no, wait, they do sometimes do something:

Like last year when they made the idiotic proposal of imposing qualification events for Ironman distance events. Even after they were made aware of the fact that their proposal would probably cause more deaths than it would save.

The only thing TSA cares about is gouging athletes and organisers as much as they can. And now they've managed to kill a complete series, it seems. Talk about killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

TSA, CSA, ASA all seem to be on the same band wagon, I cant help having the feeling that we are just paying an incompetent bunch of fat cats big salaries to "administer" the sport. I have personally never seen any benefit whatsoever for the money that I pay them, its just endless license fees. Would we be better off without these guys and just having local organisers like PPA? absolutely.

Garfield.... you are always involved and talking tri

That is because the hub becomes a very dangerous place when you wonder away from the Multisport forums. For some reason the Trolls don't hang around on our threads :ph34r: ... Go to "Chit Chat" or "Rant and Rave" post something (even something nice) and you will be eaten alive within minutes.

BSG series was sold out every weekend with 2,000 guys still paying their R350 entry fee (or whatever it was)...

BSG races typically had 500 to 800 entrants in the main races. Think they might have got to a thousand once or twice with all the kiddies races etc.

BSG also paid a lot of people to work at the races (ie their own staff). Running races use volunteers from the host club which makes them a lot cheaper.

How many triathletes or family members have ever volunteered at a race?

They have been flamed previously on the Hub. I just cant find the link. It was interesting. Someone actually posted their exact tariffs. If you want to organise a Tri for example you have to pay them R15,000 or something. THey don't help, they do nothing they just give "approval".

Ask DaveM. He used to organise a few races... You can also ask the Spectrum sport guys........

Damien from Midlands Ultra posted a lot of the costs but I think that got lost in the crash.

I am on the Committee of Randburg Harriers and am involved in organising the running races. I do this as my payback for all the other volunteers that enable me to race. You will be amazed at how much time people are willing to give for the benefit of others. Triathlon does not have that ethos.

I'll start a new thread for us on TSA. Nameless, faceless bureaucrats swallowing up money for nothing is somewhat of a pet peeve of mine (I'm kept pretty busy in SA).

Let's see if TSA is made up of those, or not?

They also make it as difficult as possible to avoid the R100 charge per event by not handling any memberships themselves (you _have_ to join a club and the club handles the TSA membership).

Categorically wrong. You register online at TriathlonSA.co.za. It will take you less than five minutes including payment.

KZN and WP members have to join a club (that is your regions committee's fault, not TSAs). Does not stop you from doing the TSA online registration though.

Is TSA a waste of money?

I was in doubt, attended a CGT AGM and realised that an enormous amount of work is done by CGT and TSA committee members for free.

I believe that not a single person other the secretary of TSA (a full time administrative position) earns a salary or any remuneration for the work. Please correct me with facts if I am wrong.

I do think the fee to broadcast an event is ridiculous.

I challenge any person who thinks they are getting ripped off to attend their provincial committee's AGM and make an informed decision.

Edited by davem

Take up running if you can't afford Triathlon

seriously okes, listen to this brother and stop being cheapskates.

Well I think they should consider the half stadium / full stadium issue.. Do you ask R100 per ticket and get 15,000 people at the event or R50 and get 30,000?

More athletes = more events around the country

More events = better for us as there will be competition which in return will also ensure top quality events all round

I guess R100 per race for me is not that bad as I race alone. But say your wife and 2 children also start doing races......

DaveM do TSA publish their financial statements?

Should be interesting to see how much revenue is from races. Do they also get Lotto grants? Maybe they should be more transparent in terms of the value they add.

For us normal athletes we only pay pay pay and never see anything hence the negativity...

I know this has been asked but is there a combined annual license that allows me to run/cycle and do Tri's?

I don't do enough of the three disciplines to merit the annual fee (3 x R500 probably) but if I pay R100 every second weekend for whatever I wanna do it also hurts.

If I was only a cyclist then it would have been easy. Unfortunately I do around 5 cycle races annually, 20 run races and 5 triathlons...

I know this has been asked but is there a combined annual license that allows me to run/cycle and do Tri's?

I don't do enough of the three disciplines to merit the annual fee (3 x R500 probably) but if I pay R100 every second weekend for whatever I wanna do it also hurts.

If I was only a cyclist then it would have been easy. Unfortunately I do around 5 cycle races annually, 20 run races and 5 triathlons...

No combined licence fee. Here is the breakdown:

TSA is R400 for the coming year

ASA is R80 on top of your club membership. Day licences are quite cheap as well. New rule is that you have to be a member of a club to do marathons.

CSA is R75 plus:

Central Gauteng - R75.00

Gauteng North - R25.00

Kwazulu Natal - R35.00

Free State - R75.00

Limpopo - R25.00

No combined licence fee. Here is the breakdown:

TSA is R400 for the coming year

ASA is R80 on top of your club membership. Day licences are quite cheap as well. New rule is that you have to be a member of a club to do marathons.

CSA is R75 plus:

Central Gauteng - R75.00

Gauteng North - R25.00

Kwazulu Natal - R35.00

Free State - R75.00

Limpopo - R25.00

Cool so I have to find a club. Will do.