1x10 conversion - Leonardi Racing/ General Lee Adapter

Ysterperd

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont argue with that, I'm giving comments based on my own experience and that of others who have tested XX1 rings for months (without dropping a chain) but there is no guarantee that you wont drop a chain, the Clutch will help no doubt but I wouldn't rush out and buy a clutch RD specifically for a 1x10 conversion.

Too late. Someone just bought my RD, my spare XT RD & Shifter and I'm without an RD.

Oops...

Where did you buy 32 tooth ring from?

I didn't. It was on the triple crank I moved over from my hardtail when I built the bike up. So it's a stock standard 32 with the shifting ramps ground off (dremel FTW) which is why I've ordered the Raceface narrow/wide 34tooth.

It will be 104 BCD, should work on both.

Yip it is

I seems the BCD of the 980 is 104/64mm while the 985 is 88mm. Will it still fit?

Edited by Jaco-fiets

Be interested to see if the race face ring at almost half the price of the wolf tooth ring performs the same, ie no chain jumping off. Anyone tried both yet?

Be interested to see if the race face ring at almost half the price of the wolf tooth ring performs the same, ie no chain jumping off. Anyone tried both yet?

I'm waiting for mine - will let you know once I've tried it out.

Yip it is

I seems the BCD of the 980 is 104/64mm while the 985 is 88mm. Will it still fit?

Best thing would be to measure the BCD which is quite easy to do (Measure the distance between the centre of two adjacent chain ring bolt cut outs), you could also print this guide to determine your BCD.

Got the 32T woolf chainring today. Was contemplating to get the General Lee converter as well but funny thing is the converter compatible with shimano does not fit on the xtr cluster. If I want the 42T cluster converter I will have to buy a XT cluster as well. Stupid!

Got the 32T woolf chainring today. Was contemplating to get the General Lee converter as well but funny thing is the converter compatible with shimano does not fit on the xtr cluster. If I want the 42T cluster converter I will have to buy a XT cluster as well. Stupid!

I've check it out, the original General Lee works the "SRAM" one

http://www.evobikes.co.za/components/cassette/leonardi-racing-general-lee-cassette-adapter-25-40t.html

But, they don't seem to have stock at moment.

Technically the general lee sram compatible adapter should fit the xtr cluster, like you are pointing out. I'll hit the trails from tomorrow with the 32 up front and 11/36 at the back. If I can comfortably ride all the trails around wellington (including Beulah, which starts with a bitch of a climb) I will stick to current setup.

If I really struggle I would probably need a bit more than the 40t of the sram converter. In that case I will have to get the shimano adapter + the xt cluster. This essentially with give me same ratio as xx1 apart from a 10 at the back

Technically the general lee sram compatible adapter should fit the xtr cluster, like you are pointing out. I'll hit the trails from tomorrow with the 32 up front and 11/36 at the back. If I can comfortably ride all the trails around wellington (including Beulah, which starts with a bitch of a climb) I will stick to current setup.

If I really struggle I would probably need a bit more than the 40t of the sram converter. In that case I will have to get the shimano adapter + the xt cluster. This essentially with give me same ratio as xx1 apart from a 10 at the back

Not sure if you're on a 29er or 26er, but been riding using a 34 up front with an 11-36 up until this week. Handled Tokai just fine.

Will send you a PM now.