1x10 conversion - Leonardi Racing/ General Lee Adapter

Ysterperd

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I've read the whole thread & also Considering taking the plunge. I wish I first read this thread as I currently have a Xt shadow RD but went out & bought the Xt clutch rd only because Cwc had an awesome deal On it but it is not really necessary for the 1x10 conversion but an added security. I'm Currently running XT 2x10 (28/36) on the front & 11-36 at the back on a 29er HT, so all I now need is one of those long tooth chain rings (wolf or Raceface), no need to replace chain, is that correct thus far? Thanks

Ok so I've read the whole thread & also Considering taking the plunge. I wish I first read this thread as I currently have a Xt shadow RD but went out & bought the Xt clutch rd only because Cwc had an awesome deal On it but it is not really necessary for the 1x10 conversion but an added security. I'm Currently running XT 2x10 (28/36) on the front & 11-36 at the back on a 29er HT, so all I now need is one of those long tooth chain rings (wolf or Raceface), no need to replace chain, is that correct thus far? Thanks

I dont think you'll regret the clutch derailleur even a little bit. I run mine on a 3x10 setup and it still amazes me. Quiet, no chainslap, no dropped chain ever (at least not yet).

thats correct, ul just need that chainring!

i was running exact setup on xt and went for the 34T wolf tooth!

I have just recently built myself a geared bike.

a NIner EMD with a Zee groupset.

Running the standard 36t up front and an 11-36 at the back.

Did a 80km 1200m ride from Fourways to Hartebeestpoort and back on Saturday. not one issue. no chaindrop legs felt great all ride and there is quite a climb from home of the chicken pie to top of the R512. never felt out of gears. (to be fair i did ride it the week before on my SS 34:18 and managed but hurt a lot more)

I'm no mountain goat at 98kg either.

post-16067-0-01674000-1387292586_thumb.jpg

post-16067-0-44646100-1387292608_thumb.jpg

post-16067-0-36205200-1387292622_thumb.jpg

Edited by jcmeyerSS

34 would be the allrounder, you will just spin out and the granny would just just be enough. 36 if you weigh less than 72kg and have the power I would say.

I'm less than 72kg, do i have the power? :eek: I think so but not confident.

Nice bike jcmeyerSS. Milky go with the 36. The power will come, haha. Depends on the terain aswell. If I ride a 80km here in the karoo its nothing less than 2000m climbing and rocky. Thats why the xx1 cranks are so nice. The BCD is small and you can change the rings on the cranks without removing the cranks. If you have moola that is and get the whole range of rings.

yup, Evo and buycycle, however evo are the only guys carrying stock till next year.

the wolftooth rings are more durable than the raceface rings I read on another thread.

Nice bike jcmeyerSS. Milky go with the 36. The power will come, haha. Depends on the terain aswell. If I ride a 80km here in the karoo its nothing less than 2000m climbing and rocky. Thats why the xx1 cranks are so nice. The BCD is small and you can change the rings on the cranks without removing the cranks. If you have moola that is and get the whole range of rings.

yeah right now i'm leaning towards 36T but getting more rings is not a bad idea either then you can always swap according to the route & profile as you go along.