1x10 conversion - Leonardi Racing/ General Lee Adapter

Ysterperd

I'm sure you'll let us know when the Shimano adapters arrive...?

Yes we will. Trying to exctract an exact date from the Italians is difficult!

Edited by Naas

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

only if you already have a clutch rear derailleur, no need for that if you have a chain guide up front

This also has to be factored into your costs as you will need it with a wolf chainring

only if you already have a clutch rear derailleur, no need for that if you have a chain guide up front

Thankfully, that I do...

also factor in if you want different chainrings, 34, 36, 38, etc then that going to cost if you go the wolfring route

Hi Naas,

What Woolf tooth will work on a Shimano XT FC M770 crank?

Interested in going this route.

No. SRAM's clutch Derailleurs are called 'TYPE 2'

what exactky does a clutch/type 2 derailler do differently from a normal derailler?

what exactky does a clutch/type 2 derailler do differently from a normal derailler?

Its suppose to keep the chain tensioned so that it isn't loose by pulling back on the chain.

The 104BCD Wolf.

Thanks Naas,

maybe you should run a special on the wolf chainring, Shimano/SRAM cassette, General Lee adapter and the clutch derailleur at some stage so that we can do the conversion.

I would need the chain and shifter as well as I am still on 9speed.

Its suppose to keep the chain tensioned so that it isn't loose by pulling back on the chain.

dont all deraillers do that?

when its 'on' it only moves parallel to the cogs and not forwards it that make sense......

I did the Burger 60km this weekend on my newly converted 1x10 (Wolftooth 30 blade and 11-36 cluster on 29er). I am still running my XT Shadow RD without clutch and I had absolutely no problems. Chain didn't even hint at coming off and managed to not run out of gears going up or down. Made very sure to only have the 4 links overlap though.

I am so impressed with my purchase.

Edited by The Smoovf