Scott spark 910 or Scott spark 920 or Giant anthem advanced 1

Gm888

Hey guys

Need some advice. Which bike to get between these bikes?

910: R35 000

920: R29 500

Giant anthem advanced (carbon): R32 000

Difference between 910 and 920 :

Fox evolution on the 920 vs fox factory on 910

SLX brakes on 920 vs XT on 910

SLX shifters on 920 vs XT on 910

3x10 on 920 vs 2x10 on 910

135x12 on 920 142 x12 on 910

Anthem:

Full XT

Rockshox SID RL fork

Rockshox monarch rear shock

Thanks

Giant?.......

@Sitting Slip: what are the reasons why u would take the giant over the Scott's?

I'm also shopping for a full sus for XC and marathon riding (spot, not racing), and those two came to mind.

Without riding either yet, feedback from a few forums indicate the Scott Spark is a little more bouncy on climbs and technical descents, whereas the Giant Anthem is very steady and predictable in its handling. I personally prefer the look of the Scott but starting to sway towards the handling performance of te Anthem.

Must also mention I'm thinking of the alu rather than the carbon. Not convinced that the price difference justifies the relative small functional benefits.

Will keep you updated on my decision.

Great value for the bike you get. Those scotts are heavy and you wont get the same ride like from the top end scott. The giant is well speced and rides trails loke a dream

The review by bicycling mag last year of all the top 29er's rated the Giant above the Scott. The only bike to beat the Giant was the Pyga which costs a silly amount

The scott has an issue with the back-shock unless you are getting the absolute top models.

I would not buy any bike at the moment as the 2014 models are just about to be released in the next month as which stage all the 2013 bikes will be on special.

With the shift to 27,5, there are going to be a lot of people trying to sell 29ers and you can pick up one cheap. I am trying to sell a Giant Anthem 29er at the moment and it is not easy.

Stumpjumper

Tallboy 2

Both great bikes, and neither brands have the rather worrying number of cracked frames that giant have. Don't bother with the Scott, the suspension performance doesn't compare to the other three.

Great value for the bike you get. Those scotts are heavy and you wont get the same ride like from the top end scott. The giant is well speced and rides trails loke a dream

the two Scott's are both carbon, so should, compare pretty closely in weight to the giant I would have thought

The review by bicycling mag last year of all the top 29er's rated the Giant above the Scott. The only bike to beat the Giant was the Pyga which costs a silly amount

The scott has an issue with the back-shock unless you are getting the absolute top models.

I would not buy any bike at the moment as the 2014 models are just about to be released in the next month as which stage all the 2013 bikes will be on special.

With the shift to 27,5, there are going to be a lot of people trying to sell 29ers and you can pick up one cheap. I am trying to sell a Giant Anthem 29er at the moment and it is not easy.

These are the discounted prices for 2013 models and are running low on stocks. I can't see further discounts on 2013 prices! Could be wrong?

Worried about buying second hand carbon bikes cos of the warranty issues. Is this a valid concern?

I've had a Spark (lots of problems with the back shock), Spez Epic and now an Anthem. Although the Anthem is probably not the best looking bike (personal preference), it is definitely the best allrounder. Very comfortable, climbs as good as the Spark, but more stable on the descents. I'd go with the Anthem and replace the wheels with ztr's/American Classics. After selling the stock wheels you should be at the 910's price, but with a better/lighter bike.

our local shop owner had a scott spark for a month flipped it and bought an anthem...because of the weight difference. so my vote is let the anthems roll!

Stumpjumper

Tallboy 2

Both great bikes, and neither brands have the rather worrying number of cracked frames that giant have. Don't bother with the Scott, the suspension performance doesn't compare to the other three.

stumpy and tall boy very expensive...!!!???