Should i or not

ScottCM

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow guys that would be awesome, thanks so much, really appreciate it.

Great, Scott and Bushgoblin, I am back in town next week. I will be in touch then to organise something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi everyone, need some help. Wanting to upgrade to a new MTB. I am looking at a 2012 sworks stumpjumper fsr 26er, because at the local bike shop they are going for a absolute steal. The problem is that people say it is not a ful XC bike, which is the thing that I would mostly be doing with it.(Actually the only thing) Just wanted to know that if I changed the stem and handlebars to be better for XC would it be better for climbing which is the thing I worry about. It also comes with a BRAIN rear shock and carbon Roval wheelset, just to name a few goodies. Hope you guys could help. Tnx

Try get something contemporary, don't let em dump old stock on you. 27.5 / 29er is the way to go, and servicing Spez can get pricey so shop around for options...

Hi. Is the 26er really that bad? I thought that the dual makes up for the smaller wheels. Also I read that the stumpy is pretty low maintenance (Except the BRAIN of coarse)

Hi. Is the 26er really that bad? I thought that the dual makes up for the smaller wheels. Also I read that the stumpy is pretty low maintenance (Except the BRAIN of coarse)

No it's not. If it's a good deal and you like the bike, go for it. The stumpy is a great bike and is a proper all rounder. Don't listen to people who tell you 26er is dead. They don't know what they're talking about.

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to start another 26 vs 29 argument, but I also think that the 26er has it's advantages just as the 29er, but the only thing that worries me is the climbing abilities of the stumpy. I just don't want to get dropped on the first climb.

the 27.5 / 650b is the 3rd factor and the latest spanner in the wheel-size works ...

what price do they want? I am sure others here can let you know going rates on other options elsewhere, Giant, Scott etc

Edited by kosmonooit

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to start another 26 vs 29 argument, but I also think that the 26er has it's advantages just as the 29er, but the only thing that worries me is the climbing abilities of the stumpy. I just don't want to get dropped on the first climb.
Dude. It's the s works stumpjumper. It'd just a little bit more trail oriented than the epic, but the only reason you'll be left behind on the climbs is if you suck. It's a great platform and has really good trail manners according to the reviews.

If it's a good price, take it. Those 2012 stumpies are great bikes. ESPECIALLY the S works.

Dood .... the 27.5 / 650b is the 3rd factor and the latest spanner in the wheel size works ...

what price do they want? I am sure others here can let you know going rates on other options elsewhere, Giant, Scott etc

For long marathon type events yes. Niner all the way. Anything else should be up to the user to decide. Stop trying to shovel marketing shaite down his throat. Sixers are just perfect. Any lack of performance would be from the lump pedalling the thing.

Btw - how much are they asking for it?

It pretty cheap. R17000 with xt and a bit over 20 for xx or something . Looking to get the xt one. Pretty sure no one can get such a good bike for that price, but as you said it's old stock.

For long marathon type events yes. Niner all the way. Anything else should be up to the user to decide. Stop trying to shovel marketing shaite down his throat. Sixers are just perfect. Any lack of performance would be from the lump pedalling the thing.

lol - loving my 2 x 650b's (Flash and Scalpel) and still have 2 x 26" (Prophet and pavement mtb hardtail commuter) but the bigger wheel size is a step up for sure. Cant comment on 29'er never ridden one.

It pretty cheap. R17000 with xt and a bit over 20 for xx or something . Looking to get the xt one. Pretty sure no one can get such a good bike for that price, but as you said it's old stock.

That's a flippin good price for a full carbon XT laden machine! And yes. It is a good buy.