Chain cleaner?!

Maximis

Why not, its simple enough, clip chain off..5 sec max...put in tub of clean green...wash off with water after a couple hours...maybe 1 min, pop back on with quicklink...5 sec again for a grand total of 1 minute and 10 sec

shucks!! you beat me...mine take ~1:28 min :clap:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I practice alot though :whistling:

Oh and mine does a deep rinse cycle, not just a on top jobbie. :clap:

Edited by rouxtjie

come now Cassie

I'm sure with some practice you can get that chain brushing technique improved and cut it down to sub 1min20.

G

Hmmmm, I've just learnt something so basic after 10 years of cycling.

@WW - have you also noticed how easily accessable the REST of your bike become once the chain is off??

I mean - getting the derailer clean as well as your cassette is a breeze when the chain is out of the way!!

Trust me...

@WW - have you also noticed how easily accessable the REST of your bike become once the chain is off??

I mean - getting the derailer clean as well as your cassette is a breeze when the chain is out of the way!!

Trust me...

Yip, I sommer take the rear wheel out....then you can get properly in there.

What about Parrafin? see a few people like using it

My chain got cancer once. It grew extra links.

*edit* was meant to quote the benzine being a carcinogen comment.

Edited by Captain Cheesy

Second the park tool scrubber - I never take the chain off and use clean green and then water to rinse in the scrubber chaning the water about 4 times. Nothing could be simpler. Towel dry and lube.

I also have the scrubber - believe me - by removing the chain and cleaning it... it get EVEN CLEANER than with that tool - anyone wants mine...it's collecting dust!! :whistling:

Edited by Cassie

I also have the scrubber - believe me - by removing the chain and cleaning it... it get EVEN CLEANER than with that tool - anyone wants mine...it's collecting dust!! :whistling:

I second this by the time you've filled the scrubber, cleaned all the muck it throws all over the bike and then cleaned the scrubber afterwards, you could have taken your chain off dunked it ,given it a quick scrub and have had time for a second beer.

I second this by the time you've filled the scrubber, cleaned all the muck it throws all over the bike and then cleaned the scrubber afterwards, you could have taken your chain off dunked it ,given it a quick scrub and have had time for a second beer.

I do both...halflink chains don't like to be broken....removing and dunking in the clean green bath is the quicker option and also cleans better

Excuse my doffness. To remove the chain do you break it with a chain breaker then put in quick links to reattach each time?

Yes you break it once and use the space you have created by breaking the chain to fit the link....the connex one I posted a couple of pages ago is re-usable for 10spd drivetrains. For 9spd good ol SRAM quick link will work prefectly...takes about 5 sec to remove or fit

Yes you break it once and use the space you have created by breaking the chain to fit the link....the connex one I posted a couple of pages ago is re-usable for 10spd drivetrains. For 9spd good ol SRAM quick link will work prefectly...takes about 5 sec to remove or fit

Then every time you remove it just open the quick links?

I use the cleaner about once a month. Between those cleans I simply spray with Blade (R99 for 5l at Makro) and rinse off with water.

I only see the need for taking it off after a really muddy ride.