MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He had problems in turn 4 the whole week-end, don't tell me that he gifted JL the pass, unless you think him and JL arranged it before hand that turn 4 will be the place ...  :wacko:

So a normal hard pass is now a kamakazi move ... if Rossi did not say anything Thursday, you would have thought it was a normal hard pass like any other seen 1 million times. In fact it was clean passes considering what he has done in the past.

I agree that he did interfere with Rossi and probably deserved what he got after Rossi got frustrated, but he only broke some "unwritten" rule, not an official rule. There are various other times in bike racing that this has happened, in particular by a guy named Capirossi in his time. Does not make it right though.

Very difficult to prove if he gifted the pass or was a genuine overrun

However....

The lack of fightback to regain his position from JL compared to with VR is obvious... don't tell me MM did not have the ability to keep up / challenge JL, even if only for a short while...but nada he did not even try.

Very difficult to prove if he gifted the pass or was a genuine overrun

However....

The lack of fightback to regain his position from JL compared to with VR is obvious... don't tell me MM did not have the ability to keep up / challenge JL, even if only for a short while...but nada he did not even try.

Except for the fact that JL was faster than Rossi the whole race ... Rossi could not match JL on any lap, except for one lap. Could be he had the pace to match Rossi but not Lorenzo, especially in the beginning of the race when JL is always very fast. But ja, probably a 50/50 here on what he did then

Edited by Kraggie

Not my call to make, it's Race Directions call they made. He broke a rule in the rulebook, plain and simple.

But you have made a few posts on the topic with your opinion.

Except for the fact that JL was faster than Rossi the whole race ... Rossi could not match JL on any lap, except for one lap. Could be he had the pace to match Rossi but not Lorenzo, especially in the beginning of the race when JL is always very fast. But ja, probably a 50/50 here on what he did then

Well he (MM) had enough pace for one faster lap than JL in qualifying...ok so race is different to qually and clearly JL was faster in race mode but still MM did not even look like he tried, for a racer of his ability i'm sure he could have done something for a lap or 2.... 

Well he (MM) had enough pace for one faster lap than JL in qualifying...ok so race is different to qually and clearly JL was faster in race mode but still MM did not even look like he tried, for a racer of his ability i'm sure he could have done something for a lap or 2.... 

50/50 on what his intentions was then, whether he let him through or made a genuine mistake.

Thing is, IMO he did not cause MM to go down. That was all Marquez. Turning into VR, then going down. 

Give this man a Bells!!!!

Thing is, IMO he did not cause MM to go down. That was all Marquez. Turning into VR, then going down. 

Totally agree. Think in his mind he though VR was going to start turning in as they were on the adge of the track, but he did not. MM had nowhere else to go, either off the track or stop or lean. Agree, he caused his own fall.

But Race Direction sees it the going wide as causing him to go down, and that action of a rider is against rules.

Edited by Kraggie

Totally agree. Think in his mind he though VR was going to start turning in as they were on the adge of the track, but he did not. MM had nowhere else to go, either off the track or stop or lean. Agree, he caused his own fall.

and therefore the penalty was not the right decision in the end. Yes, he slowed down hugely, yes, he wanted to make sure that he knew where MM was all the time. No, he didn't intend for him to go down. No, he didn't intend for contact. Marquez, however, initiated the contact... 

But you have made a few posts on the topic with your opinion.

Then you know what it is and note my stance have changed since the initial time this all began.

Edited by Kraggie